POA - Aft deck 10 ?

Sailing Grandma

We missed our POA cruise this week, due to not being able to fly with the snow storms in the East. On that cruise we were to have an aft balcony on Deck 7.

Today we rebooked the Hawaiian cruise for May and the only Aft balcony we could get was on Deck 10. I have read a few negative comments about being under the Aloha Cafe. For those of you who have been in an aft cabin on Deck 10, is it really that bad?

We missed our POA cruise this week, due to not being able to fly with the snow storms in the East. On that cruise we were to have an aft balcony on Deck 7.

Today we rebooked the Hawaiian cruise for May and the only Aft balcony we could get was on Deck 10. I have read a few negative comments about being under the Aloha Cafe. For those of you who have been in an aft cabin on Deck 10, is it really that bad?

I hope not since we have one of those cabins on the April 17th sailing. Will try to respond after our cruise if I can find this link thread again.

Sailing Grandma, I read your thread about your flights falling through and felt so badly for you! I'm glad to hear you were able to reschedule!

I looked long and hard at this picture before I booked our aft (on deck 7). From the looks of it, you could almost have a conversation with the folks at the Aloha Cafe! I guess it boils down to how badly you want an aft balcony! :confused:

cruiseship_prideofamerica5.jpg

I hope not since we have one of those cabins on the April 17th sailing. Will try to respond after our cruise if I can find this link thread again.

I also posted this question on the Norwegian Cruise Boards and got two very positive responses, Travelmanic. So I am feeling much better about the Deck 10 aft balcony cabins. You can check on that board to see the responses.

We had a stern cabin on POA (8202). First time I went out on the huuuuuuuuuuuuge balcony that was a wraparound 1/3 of the stern, I looked up when I heard voices and saw the people on the deck above peering down on me. The night that we were passing the lava flow the guy in the cabin next to us on the stern; bent over and asked me to turn off my balcony light. Not that you could see the lava flow from any vantage point light or dark on deck or on your balcony. Even with binoculars, the ship was so far away, you only saw an area of red. Couldn't even get a picture of it- being so far away. Stern cabin also had vibrations at night. Pick your poison. Every cabin has its quirks

Archived