How much does it cost to text while on a cruise?

cruisinqt

I have a Sprint Instinct without international roaming. I made one call from the ship and it cost me $2.49/minute.

Because San Juan is part of the U.S., it didn't cost me anything to place a call from there. I also sent a picture and text and it didn't cost anything.

I only use my phone if absolutely necessary, other than that, it's in the safe most of the time and turned off.

Judy

I have Vorizon, Blackberry Storm. All texts are 50 cents sending, and 5 cents receiving on the ship. For data, you have them set up the international data plan, and you will have unlimited data and Blackberry Messenger for free. Calls from the islands are anywhere from $1.50 to $2.50 depending on island. Any calls from the ship, in or out, are $2.49 per minute. Using Visual Voicemail is part of the DATA plan.

Vorizon will set up the international plan for you and shut it down on the dates you specify. It worked for me. Getting e-mails was the most important thing, and they were free, part of the international data plan.

Archived