Anyone have experience with "Exclusive" shore excursions on Mediterranean cruises?

Fuzzyegg

We are booking for the first time on Celebrity (Century June 27, 2010 12 night Mediterranean cruise) and I'm checking out the shore excursions. I noticed for several cities they had "Exclusive" excursions that were quite a bit more than the others, i.e. $345+/person. Anyone been on those and can let me know what the differences are? Thanks!

Wendy

The only one I can tell you about was the Exclusive Amalfi Coast tour. This was pretty expensive but extremely nice. It was in smaller vans rather than a big bus. Each van travelled separately other than meeting at a central lunch location. This made for a smaller group with a single tour guide. The smaller van was also able to get into the smaller streets in places like Positano where a large bus could not go.

The lunch for this cruise was fantastic - at a nice hotel on a cliff overlooking the coast starting with Prosecco and appetizers and then a nice al fresco several course lunch on the patio with great food.

I have posted a review on the Italy board back in 2007 but a copy of it is on my photo site along with pictures: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Europe-Sept-07-Millennium-Med/Naples-Amalfi-Coast-Positano/3581218_X26aJ#203433743_EEoPC

It kind of had all the benefits of both a private and cruise sponsored excursion all in one.

Archived