Transfer between pier and airport in Venice

windsor55

Planning to have cruise from Venice in EMed on board of Norwegian Gem. The vsl is back fm cruise at 8.00 am. Keeping in mind my back flight is at 11.30 am, do I have a chance to be at the airport in time? Is there NCL shuttle bus service to the Marco Polo airport, when it starts (immediately upon arrival?) and do NCL charge for such transfer?

NCL will run a shuttle and charge for it.

I would suggest you would be better to opt for the "walk off with your own luggage" choice whereby you keep your luggage in your cabin overnight and then walk off as soon as the ship is cleared. Taxis will be at the quayside and will be just as cheap and much quicker.

I am sailing on Gem on May 8. I've been to Venice a number of times and have learned that taking a water taxi is more expensive, but much quicker. I'd get off GEM with my luggage and go directly to the water taxis. Ask how much it will be to get to Marco Polo. Expect to spend at least 100 Euros, probably more. Also, be aware that the water taxi dock at Marco Polo is a fair hike to the terminal. We decided to stay until Sunday so we wouldn't have to worry about getting to the airport right after the cruise.

Just got info fm Russian forum, water taxi is abt EUR 80-100 (depending how successful are negotiations with driver!). Bit more then USD 100:).

They suggested me to go by vaporetto (water bus) to bus terminal at Piazza Roma (EUR 6 pp and 30 min incl waiting time), then by bus (EUR 4 pp and 45 min incl waiting time). So approx all around 1,5 hour and EUR 10 per person.

Sounds good keeping in mind the vessel arrive at 8.00 and flight is at 11.30!

Archived