Alaska or Mediterranean?

torontoflo

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are planning to splurge on a cruise next summer (2006). We have sailed Western Caribbean, Canada (new england side) and Bahamas. I am researching cruises in Alaska and Mediterranean and wanted everyone's opinion who has been these places. We would have to get a balcony for my husband so I didn't want to spend more than $1300 a person for this. Any tips would be great (such as getting to and from Alaska or Europe, the cruise itself, etc). Thanks so much

Megan

I have only been to Alaska. It was very beautiful but we did find this cruise much more subdued then carbbiean cruises. As far as natural beauty- Alaska could not be beat and Alaska is very expensive so a cruise is the most affordable way to see it. Just don't expect a lot of partying etc. on the cruiseship.

Another thing too. We did northbound and flew back from Anchorage. It was about an 8 hour flight to Atlanta so the flight took about as long as going to Europe.

I have never been to the med. and to be honest with you I really have no interest right now-that is too close to the middle east and unforunately a lot of Italians and French are not too crazy about Americans right now. My sisters-in-law were in Italy last year and they had an old man on a train yell at them just because he recognized they were American. It really upset one of my sisters-in-law; she had no idea that Americans were disliked that much.

Still though either one is really a dream cruise. I believe you would have a wonderful time on either.

Archived