Driving & Roads in St. Martin

GolferGal2

First timer for boards. M (over 50 :eek:) & D (17yrs :p), are cruising for some girl time and I was thinking about renting a car while in St. Martin. Are roads easy to navigate? I'm directionaly challenged at times but will get to my destination eventually. :) Looking to go to Pinel Island to snorkel a couple of hours then drive back to Maho Bay and shopping at Philipsburg. Does anyone have driving experience while on the island and does this sound doable? Would we be better served to have a taxi take us to Pinel? Are taxi's readily available at Pinel for return at our choosing and how much each way? I would also be open to having two other passengers if you were interested in our itinerary and share expenses. We cruise the Miracle and will be in St. Martin on Mon., Mar 15. I'm also looking at some other snorkel tours so haven't totally made up mind yet.

Thanks for any and all help/advise/suggestions. :)

vicki

We drove all over SXM for 10 days. Definitely doable. If you just wanted to relax I'd do a cab. But to go everwhere you want to go it will be cheaper to rent a car and a lot more fun.

Taxi rates to Pinel:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gtaylor/Taxi/?action=view&current=DSCN3858.jpg

We're stopping there in Jun (will be my b-day on that day:D) and we will be renting a car and going everywhere you stated except probably not to Pinel.

Have fun.

vicki, my DH and I are on the same cruise, and from the reviews I read about Bernard on these boards, i booked us a tour with him. You might want to consider it, I believe it's only $35 and you do see a lot of sights, plus get some beach time. I do not have his website on hand, but I'm sure if you did a search of this forum you would find it.

Archived