Stateroom Selection - Infinity

Cruizin Dan

Iam booking a 2 week Panama Canal cruise for next May 2005 on the Infinity icon_smile.gif. On the penthouse deck, Sky Suite 6131 is open and on the deck plan has a larger balcony icon_smile.gif. But it is right across from the aft elevators icon_eek.gif. My question is do these elevators get a lot of noise, action or people that would make it uncomfortable to be in this stateroom icon_confused.gif :? Any experience on this or being in a stateroom right across from an elevator icon_confused.gif? This will be our first time on Celebrity and this cruise will be to celebrate out 20th anniversary icon_biggrin.gif.

cruiser dan

We were in 6136 in Infinity. We didn't hear much talking, but we heard the binging of the elevator bell all day and all night!

If you can get 6146 or 6145, they have wonderful balconies and are further from the elevator.

Linda

Constellation Transatlantic 9/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till back-to-back on Galaxy

Monarch of the Seas 1/2004, Infinity 10/2003, Constellation Transatlantic 4/2003, Sun Princess 8/2002, Millenium 3/2002, Summit 11/2001, Galaxy 6/2001, Sea Princess 11/2000, Splendor of the Seas 5/2000, Ryndam 1/2000, Zenith 12/1997, Crown Odyssey 8/1996, NCL Dreamward 8/1994, Sun Princess 1/1988, Costa Riviera 1986, Carnival Mardi Gras 1984, Sunward II 1979

We are staying in the same room on Summit on the 26th. Send me your email address at "kstine@mmrg.com" and I will send you pics of the room and balcony after we return. i hope that the elevator bells aren't a huge problem, but I will let you know.

6131 is the BEST sky suite on the ship! It is about 30% larger, with an extra big bathroom, and it is decorated to match the Penthouse Suite next door--much nicer woods and fabrics. The Aft elevators are very quiet except at dinner time. Because there are so few aft cabins on the 6th deck, there is very little traffic. The balcony is bigger, too.

The only "drawback" is that there is only a single glass door, not a double slideing glass door leading to the balcony, so you might get a little less light.

If you can get it, GRAB IT NOW! It won't be available for long.

ecowen. Thanks and yes I got 6131 icon_biggrin.gif. I am glad to hear it is not noisey icon_smile.gif! I guess because we booked one year in advance that we were able to get a better selection of Suites. Now the countdown begins!! Well we have a cruise on the Radiance in a few weeks. So I'll start the count down after that.

cruiser dan

Whoops, I made a mistake. 6131 is a great sky suite, but it's not the one I was thinking about.

The one I was describing is directly next to the Penthouse Suite, 6146 or 6145.

6131 does have a nicer balcony, but it doesn't have the larger bathroom or better decor.

See 6146 or 6145 are available. If not, you are still in a great cabin!

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, as soon as I read about 6145 or 6146. I tried to book it but then Celebrity has red flagged my cruise! So now we have a whole new thread on going about some of our red flagged trips in 2005. Anyone have past experience with this and still getting better staterooms when the red flag comes down? icon_confused.gif The May 1st 2005 transcanal date was perfect for us as it will be out 20th anniversary. Oh well wait and see icon_eek.gif

cruiser dan

Cruizin Dan,

Here are some photos of SS #6132.... Same as 6131 but on starboard side. Looks very nice.

If you want a really large balcony, have you looked at the FV corner aft cabins? There are 6 on the ship. We booked one of these on the Vista deck. Before our cruise was “red flaggedâ€, there were still at least 3 of the corner FV’s left. The SS and FV each have their advantages but, if a large balcony is a priority, the corner FV looks hard to beat.

The specs I read show corner FV = about 290 Sq. Ft. + 300 Sq. Ft. balcony with 270 degree view (corner ones only). The SS = about 251 Sq. Ft. + balcony (6131 is larger than avg. 57 Sq. Ft. shown on various web sites)

Here's a post about corner FV with link to photos of most cabin types.

Corner FV #8166 photos.

Whatever you decide have a wonderful anniversary celebration! We are celebrating our 35th on this cruise….. Just hoping it sails as originally scheduled!

Lynn Obie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until 14 day Summit - San Diego to Alaska

8/1995 HAL Noordam, 6/2000 Carnival Ecstasy, 2/2002 HAL Maasdam, 3/2003 HAL Statendam, 1/2004 HAL Oosterdam, 5/2004 Celebrity Summit, 5/2005 Celebrity Infinity

Archived