Outdoor Adventure Experience in PV

toezinthesand

Has anyone done this? Here's the description from the RCI site:

The adventure begins with a panga boat ride and off road adventure to the heart of the tropical forests where you will ride mules, learn a variety of wilderness techniques, splash through streams, rappel through waterfalls into natural river pools, and soar 200 ft above the ground over the jungle foliage on a 1000 ft zip line! Our trip leaders' knowledge of the landscape and wildlife makes these trips unforgettable adventures - and their expertise ensures a fun, educational and safe trip into the wilderness. Discover and explore the extraordinary flora and fauna hidden away under the canopy of the jungle - book your Outdoor Experience today!

If you did this, did you book through the ship or privately?

How did you like it?

Has anyone done this? Here's the description from the RCI site:

The adventure begins with a panga boat ride and off road adventure to the heart of the tropical forests where you will ride mules, learn a variety of wilderness techniques, splash through streams, rappel through waterfalls into natural river pools, and soar 200 ft above the ground over the jungle foliage on a 1000 ft zip line! Our trip leaders' knowledge of the landscape and wildlife makes these trips unforgettable adventures - and their expertise ensures a fun, educational and safe trip into the wilderness. Discover and explore the extraordinary flora and fauna hidden away under the canopy of the jungle - book your Outdoor Experience today!

If you did this, did you book through the ship or privately?

How did you like it?

There is a very active thread that covers this excursion. You might find the answers that you are looking for there - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911115

You may be able to book this independently but don't count on it. The excursion operator is not allowed to offer this excursion to cruise ship passengers if they are also under contract with the ship. A number of the third-party tour brokers in town are also observing this restriction lately.

Good luck & Enjoy!

I just booked this today through Carnival (extreme canopy they call it). I tried to book through PV tours (3rd party) but they would not allow it since I was with a cruise line. From all the reviews I have read about it though, it seems totally worth paying the cruise line charge and really having a once in a lifetime experience. I'm sooooo excited about this excursion. Just over 100 days away....lol.

Archived