Babysitting on Mariner

I posted this earlier on the cruising with families board and so far no response so I thought I'd put it on the RCL site ..... just wondering if anyone has experience with the in-suite babysitting ?

We have two boys (they will be 5 when we cruise) and thought this would be a great way to do some adult stuff at night (not to mention the price is reasonable).

Thanks !!

Hi, there.

I found the group sitting aka late night party zone to be more cost effective at only $5.00 p/hr than the instateroom babysitting @ $10.00 p/hr.

With the instateroom, you have to sign up at guest rel. desk at least 24 hrs. in advance and there is no guarantee that space or sitters will be available. You have to complete a check list with information about the children, where you'll be, when you'll be back...etc. The sitter comes with games, toys, books, etc and they'll present you a log with what they did with the children after the sitting is over. You have to pay the sitter in cash.

With the other late night party zone, it's open something like 10p-2am in the morning, located in Adventure ocean, and the $5.00 p/hr. can be charged to your SeaPass acct. And they gave me a beeper for my child, just in case there were any problems they would page me. I'm not sure if they do that for instateroom.

Archived