Weather

Mishelle

We were planning a cruise out of San Juan in November but the Air fare seems so high. I was thinking of changing it to the first week on October but an so worried about Hurricane Season. Anyone have any experience? Thanks Michelle

The chance of a hurricane will be higher in October, but if the airfare is a lot cheaper I would go for it. Get insurance. Also are you looking at getting the air on your own? I always book including air but once I get a better deal on my own, I drop the cruise air. :)

Well, I can only tell you that the first cruise I was on got caught up in a hurricane. Most of the passengers were sick, a lot of the crew members were sick also. Plates in the dinning room were literaly sliding off the tables. My DH and I were fine but many passengers got off the ship at the closest port and flew home. We were unable to dock in one port. After we got through the storm, the next day was so-o-o smooth!

Don't want to scare you, and I know many many ships get along fine, but just know that it can happen. Anything can happen - we can't go around scared all the time though. Good luck to you and Bon Voyage!

Archived