Enchantment Repositioning 04/11/10

ArtHoff001

Anyone else on the Enchantment of the Seas for the repositioning cruise out of Colon to Lauderdale on 04/11/10? We have a group of eight going (4 gay) and hope to meet other family on board.

Hi there--sounds like your from Lauderdale--looking to meet up with other family friends-especially for drinks and dinner--my chilling out cruise. Anthony

Sorry guys. That post about having a gay group of a hundred was placed by my friend who is a bit bitter about not being able to go on the cruise next month - it's was his regrettable attempt at humor. He actually is a travel agent but unfortunately, no there is not a group of a hundred family attending that I know of. My group will be there however, two gay couples and two straight, gay friendly couples plus it sounds like you guys as well. My partner and I and the other gay couple do live in Fort Lauderdale. We are flying into Panama the day before and staying at a gay friendly B&B just outside of town - I believe there is one room left and the transfer rates are really reasonable to the port in Colon on cruise day - $30.00 per couple. The B&B is also reasonable - $95 for the night includes breakfast and it got excellent reviews. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll forward the info on the B&B on. Looking forward to meeting you guys - lets make sure we all swap info prio to the cruise and meet up for a FOD meeting! :)

Tony,

I have a friend who is considering going on this cruise solo. What kind of price did you find for a single supplement? He really would like to go but the whole single supplement thing makes it less attractive.

Art

We are flying in the day before and got a really good reccommendation for the Balboa Inn just outside the city in Panama City - about a 6 minute cab ride into the city. We booked 4 rooms there and the last time I checked they still had one available. Was about $90.00 for the night. If you decide to stay there, let me know because we have hired a private driver and van to take us on a tour the day of the cruise winding up at the port to board the ship. He is only charging us $15 per person and we could definately add you guys to the group. The drivers name is Gabriel and he is a local who is a friend of the American Manager at our B&B. Figured the transfer from Panama City to Colon would be worth the $15pp alone but he agreed to add in two tour stops - one is the Gatun locks and the other is the San Lorenzo Fort so it turned out to be a really great deal. The Balboa Inn's website is http://www.thebalboainn.com. Let me know what you find out. Even if you don't stay there, I'm sure we could arrange for the transfer with us. You too Anthony. :)

We decided to stay at the Marriott since it seems to be right in the middle of everything. We looked into the bus to get to Colon. Looks pretty easy so I think we are going to just take that. You guys planning on going out saturday night at all? The Marriott is in the El Congrejo neighborhood which seems to be close to a lot of shopping, restaurants and bars/clubs.

I did this from FLL to Colon last fall-Loved the ship but the Cruise Director Rico, (while totally hot) was straight and a bit homophobic as was his staff. They made some jokes and comments that were offensive to me as well as to others (straight and gay). Other than that-everything was cool.

Well I hope that doesn't happen on board this time - maybe enough people have complained that the've done something about it. On another note, I just found out from T-Mobile that when outside of the country cell phone minutes are prohibitively high, incoming text messages are free and outgoing texts are only .20. I'm not married to my cell phone by any means but it would make it very convienient to stay connected with the people traveling with me as we do our own thing and also to hooj up with other "family" on board. To that end, my cell # is 954-394-6374. While I won't be taking any calls, I will respond to texts so if anyone wants to get together with us either in Panama on Saturday or onboard, feel free to text. :) I did check with ATT which my partner has and they are a little more expensive- .50 per message out going - incoming free but still not prohibitive. Not sure about the other cell phone companies. Hope to hear from you guys! :)

Flying in on Saturday--See you all at "FRIENDS OF DOROTHY"--It will be posted by GUEST RELATIONS. The last time I cruise with RC they had FOD in an very open bar--it was hard to tell who was who--I will be wearing a white watch. Look forward to meeting you. Have fun in Panama City. Anthony

Archived