Boarding time vs Check-in time?

leagle

Thanks to Ray66's answer to another question, I have been able to access my travel summary. However, to my surprise, the "check-in" time given is 15.00.

I am taking a train down from London on the day and the day of departure is a weekday, so no problem there, but most of the discussion here has been of people arriving at noon.

I would love to board before 3 pm to explore the ship. If I get there before 3 will I just have to sit in some waiting room until 3 pm or will I be permitted to board earlier?

I see that the Grills seem to board earlier in the day but I am a first-timer sailing in Britannia class.

Cruise Critic help has been invaluable so far. Can any of you help me figure this out?

That is a suggested time.

When you arrive at the ocean terminal, you will find an area just to the left of the doors where you drop off you bags which will be loaded and sent to your cabin.

In the terminal you will take an escalator to the 2nd floor and at the top there should be a Cunard rep asking if you are Britannia dining room. You will be directed to the check-in desks for Britannia. If there is a line-up ahead of you, you will be handed a number and directed to an area to wait until you are called.

I have never heard of anybody being sent away or held back because they arrived before their check-in time.

Thank you both so much for your quick replies.

One further question: (well, only one for now. I'm sure there will be more later), when do we get access to Britannia cabins? Is that related to the scheduled check-in time, to the actual check-in time or to something wholly other?

All of the cabins will almost ready when you board at whatever time, sometimes they are just adding a few touches here and there, you will be made welcome right away.

we always drop of our hand luggage and then go for lunch, we return after and unpack if the main bags have arrived, and they always have done, then the day is yours to explore, apart from muster drill

Archived