Miracle or NCL Jewel

Lostinthe50s

Sailed on the Miracle twice and loved it on each trip. We are planning a cruise in June and like the Itinerary which stops at half Moon Key and also Grand Turk and Nassau. Also love the adult pool area on the Miracle.

My DW wants to try the Jewel as we have never been on a NCL ship. The itinerary isnt as good ,Cape Canaveral(dont know what what we can do there besides KSC ),their own private Island which I heard is small and crowded and also nassau. It is also one less day.

I have heard good things about the Entertainment on the Jewel and the many dining choices.

We loved the size of the cabin on Miracle and we always took an extended balcony as we enjoy it a lot.

has anyone tried both ships? And if you had what is your oipinion?

We would be taking a balcony cabin on either ship.

Thank you

Wife and I took Jewel to the Western Caribe a couple of years ago and enjoyed the ship very much, especially the specialty restaurants and entertainment. We were on the Miracle a few weeks ago and also enjoyed it very much, especially the food and the dining room staff, which I thought was better than NCL. The Miracle entertainment probably was not as good overall, depending on your taste, but there was a guitar blues singer in one of the lounges from Philly who was a top professional. I also liked the itinerary much more on the Miracle, which was the reason we booked. Since that cruise a few weeks ago, we have rebooked for next Feb on the Miracle. Much better price and itinerary than we could get on NCL.

I have sailed both. I much prefer the Miracle because the service is far superior. The ships are similar in size and design. The Jewel is very nice,but I like Carnival better. The dinning room service on the Jewel is not great and neither is the Blue Lagoon. The wait staff sort of wanders around like they don't know what to do. But the ship is very nice.Cabin service was good, but the ship was not as clean as the Miricale. On a scale of 1-10 I would say the Miricale is a 9 1/2 and the Jewel about a 7. Hope this helps.

I did that Miracle itinerary last June and it was fantastic. The staff on the Miracle is outstanding. We loved every single one of the ports. It was my first time on Carnival and we loved it.

The food is great.. the beds comfortable and we spent our sea days right at the adult pool.

Sailed on the Miracle twice and loved it on each trip. We are planning a cruise in June and like the Itinerary which stops at half Moon Key and also Grand Turk and Nassau. Also love the adult pool area on the Miracle.

My DW wants to try the Jewel as we have never been on a NCL ship. The itinerary isnt as good ,Cape Canaveral(dont know what what we can do there besides KSC ),their own private Island which I heard is small and crowded and also nassau. It is also one less day.

I have heard good things about the Entertainment on the Jewel and the many dining choices.

We loved the size of the cabin on Miracle and we always took an extended balcony as we enjoy it a lot.

has anyone tried both ships? And if you had what is your oipinion?

We would be taking a balcony cabin on either ship.

Thank you

I did the same itinerary on her sister ship the Gem. The on-board experience is similar to Carnival but less structured in that there isn't a 1960's-Catskills-like schedule of events. There is still plenty going on and plenty of stuff to do though, but they don't do that stupid Color Wars thing. If you've never done NCL, I would suggest it. I found both NCL's steak house and hibachi grill to be totally worth the extra fee. As for the itinerary, depending on when you go, it's a quick hop to Cocoa Beach from Canaveral. I found NCL's private island to be a bit smaller, and the chairs to be not as nice, but the beach was fantastic and the snorkeling blew CCL's out of the water. Nassua is ... well ... Nassua. :p

Archived