Flowrider Lessons and Cost ??

jjb415

If memory serves me correctly, semi private lessons with 6 to 8 others is $60. For exclusive use of the flowrider for an hour by yourself and as many of your friends and family as you wish, it runs about $300. Of course it is free during the regularily scheduled hours, but wait times can get long. It can be less busy during the earlier hours and during meal times.

My DH and DS did this last August on FOS. They only ended up with 4 in their group, so they received a lot of instruction. My husband was able to stand and surf and my son was able to do a trick on the boogey board by the end of the lesson. We thought it was well worth the price. Do sign up on the day you board. Our lesson was on a port day....not sure if they all are. Have fun.:)

We just got off the FOS for Feb 2010 school break week. We signed our 12 yr old boys up on day 1 and while we were at Cocoa Cay, the boys were in a small group of 5. It was great! 3 folks were surfing and the boys were boogie boarding. My son was brand new to the FR and his first 2 tries he was doing barrel rolls and tricks! It was worth the $60! The area gets roped off with a sign that says 'private lesson'. Folks can sit around and watch too. I had plenty of 'mom' room to video and hoot and whistle at the kids doing a great job. Lots of fun!

The lessons and/or private session are worth every penny!! My family did a group lesson (there were a total of eight people, five were my family) and we also had a private session (all six of us went)! My crew (ages 21, 24, 26, 26, and 56) all surf and I (53) boogie board. It was great, since we were on the FOS over New Years and the line was really long all the time.

Please stop now' date=' you're all making me giddy again, I'm far to excited for something that's not happening until October.How do you all think about anything else once you've booked a cruise? I'm just cruise cruise cruise:D[/quote']

Hi what sailing are you are, im on the 24th oct..half term week

Nikkie

Friendly reminder....I have posted this before but wanted to let ya know:

Do not go to the wipe out bar (sign up area for FR) with alcohol drink in hand--they won't let you sign the waiver to do the FR. Give your buds your bear, sign, then collect your sail away beverage.

Have a great time!!!!!!!

Archived