Montego Bay - Beach - Alternatives

sbnuggie

Howdy folks,

Okay so doing the searches for Mo Bay independant beach excusrions it appears everyone either does Doctors Cave or Sunset Beach. If you wanted to get away from the crowds but spend the day or 4 hours at a beach in Jamaica is there any other beaches in the Mo Bay area other then the above listed ones.

Soooooo no responses I guess that pretty much sums it up I guess. If you goto MO Bay and want a beach day three options:

1) Pay through the nose and do a cruise ship excursion,

2) Sunset Beach Resort

3) Doctors Cave Beach

I think Half Moon Bay offers day passes that are resonable. A fellow cruiser stated it was $45/ adult with kids free. I did not know this until after I was back on the ship. Perhaps send them an email and find out for sure. It has been reported that the Ritz is free, pay as you go. However, when I got there it was $90/person. It may be that it was Spring break and they didn't want the crowds. My cabbie said that in 7 yrs of him bringing people there, it was the 1st time they wanted to charge. The same fellow cruiser confirmed that they wanted to charge him as well.

Archived