Questions about Rumbaba tour

Beachgal528

How far is the Red Hook place that we meet Captain Bobby at from where the cruise ship docks? He says we wont be back to Red Hook (Is that a marina?) until 4pm and the ship leaves at 5, will that be enough time to get back? Thanks for any information about this tour you have!

Beachgal5, I wouldn't risk it as the traffic can get somewhat heavy-for St Thomas-and at times can also really back up and move "SO SLOWLY". I would NOT be willing to risk missing my ship, so don't think you would either.

Rob

Beachgal528...Forgot, yes, Redhook is a marina. Its located on the eastern side of St Thomas. Its a beautiful view as St John is easily visible and Tortola can be seen in the distance, but as I mentioned, if this tour returns to Redhook at 4...could be very risky.

Rob

We actually asked Captain Bobby to modify our trip since there are 6 of us in our group. We are planning to leave at 8:30 and come back by 2:30. Our ship leaves at 4. If you have booked the whole tour I think he will work with you.

Just tell Captain Bobby what time your ship leaves, and he will be sure to have you back to the marina in plenty of time. We got back about 3:30 and our ship sailed at 5:30. We had plenty of time to catch a taxi back to the pier and even do a little bit of shopping before getting back on. You are going to have a great time, this day was the highlight of our trip!!

It takes about 30 minutes to get there...we had no problems getting back to the ship....people in our group even went shopping...our ship didn't leave until 6 pm....we were supposed to meet at 9am but our ship got in late and he waited for us and got us back around 3:30....it was an awesome experience....we are going to do it again this November.....great day...

Archived