Arcade Question

4marty4

My 11 year old son will most likely want to spend a significant amount of time in the arcade area. Do they have nintendo and things like that? Do you have to pay for using it if they do have it?

Also if the kids have a drink card, does the drink card cover the cost of pop in the dining room?

Last question for today, how have your kids liked the kids program provided on board. My daughter is 14 and will most likely need some cattle prodding to attend the first get together on the ship. Do they have that the first night? You know when your 14 you are "way too cool" to go out of your way to meet people.

:confused:

I was just on the Mariner with my 15 year old son. They do not have nintendo that I am aware of. If they do, my son wasn't aware of it.

As for the arcade, they do cost about $1-2 per game. This is how it works. There is a "charge" machine in the arcade. You swipe your childs seapass card through it and can designate how much money to put on it. One problem with this. Your child can also swipe his card by himself without you knowing it. Any amount that is put on his card is charged to your seapass account. Then, they swipe the card on the arcade game machines to play. I believe that you can go to the guest relations desk and put a certain amount on his card per day. I didn't do this, but I think someone else on this board has.

As for activities, I hardly ever saw my son. They have many acitivities planned every day. He is also one that thinks he's too cool for some things, but he had a blast. I'm not sure about the age group for your children as my son was in the 15-17 year old group. But, they do have a wonderful program. Take your kids on the first night to show them where it is. A crew member will greet them. On the first night, my son played a game where each kid got a number of sheets of toilet paper. For each sheet, they had to say something about themselves.

Tell your daughter to join in the activities. She will meet some other great kids and have a ball. Your son will as well. Just make sure you set a curfew. One night, my son didn't get in till almost 4 a.m.! He was at a party in the teen room till two and then went to the arcade afterwards. I stopped that by placing a curfew. I also told him that if he wasn't back by that time, I would come looking for him. He knew that would embarass him, so he made it back on time after that.

Have fun!

Thanks so much for the info. My DD will most likely want to hang out with the 15-17 year olds as first she is quite mature and secondly she will just a couple months shy of turning 15. Do you think that will be a problem if she does that? I will for sure make them go the first night to the meeting. As for the curfew, I will try and make it early nights when I want to take them ashore the next day.

I am going on Splendour during our Spring Break here in Toronto so i am sure that there will be some other kids on the ship at that time. My only stipulation to both of my kids is that they both join me for dinner at night in the dining room as my DH refuses to go on a cruise. He won't even give it a try.

Archived