Where do the ships dock at Curacao

TwoCruisers

Where do the ships dock at Curacao now?

About 13 years ago I cruised to Curacao on a very small ship (10,000 tons) and we docked in a narrow waterway where the floating bridge is. This was right next to the shops in the picturesque Dutch style buildings. I viewed the cruise cam for the Dawn Princess today and the area of Curacao didn’t look the same as when I went there before.

Is this new dock area far from the older one? Can you get there by walking or do you need to take a cab?

Here is the cruise cam picture.

dawn_bridge.jpg.ed913ca73909a496c194c4614e6677c8.jpg

I'm looking out the window from the internet cafe on the dawn princess. The ship is docked just before the very tall bridge. We pulled straight in. Behind us is the floating pontoon bridge and at the end of the dock (behind us) is the Adventure of the Seas. So from here we got off the ship walked up to the street, turned left and walked just a short distance to the water ferry. We took it across to the Punda shopping area. Then we walked back across on the pontoon bridge. Hope that gives you a good idea of where we are.

We were there in November and the picture you have posted the floating bridge is behind the ship. We took a cab to a beach and went over the large bridge in front of the ship and when we returned we had the cab drop us off downtown and we walked over the floating bridge to get back to the ship. Remember that everything downtown closes at 6pm.....

Have a great cruise.

Archived