Progreso-Uxmal

We're headed to Progreso on Carnival in a couple of weeks. We'd like to do the Uxmal tour. Has anyone been lately? What's the cost? How can you book with Autoprogreso? Last, is it kid friendly? Thanks

Here is the link for Autoprogreso: http://www.autoprogreso.com/home.html.htm

Contact them directly, they will be very happy to assist you.

We just returned from the 5 day western caribbean cruise and did the Uxmal tour April 8. Myself, my 7 year old son and my husband went. We emailed with Autoprogreso prior to the trip. It was 49 per adult, and 35 for our son. We absolutely LOVED it! We met with the Autoprogreso reps at the fountain just through the port shops as arranged. They personally walked us to the bus that took us into town, where we waited about 1/2 hour for our tour to depart. The market that they drop you off at is a bit shabby, but lots of vendors to peruse. Its about an hour 20 minutes in a small van to the Uxmal site. We only had 7 of us total on this tour, which was very nice and intimate. Our guide Geraldo was super informative and very attentive to our son. They ruins themselves are spectacular and you can climb on one of the pyramids. We were there about 2 hours before our van took us directly back to the pier. I would highly recommend this tour. Very friendly guide, felt very safe, and going fast on a Mexican freeway is an experience in itself! We met back up with some fellow cruisers that night onboard. They had done Chiten Itza and were over run by local sellers, ie: kids trying to sell you gum, etc. They also didn't get to climb on any ruins! Don't book through the cruise line. Uxmal is a very beautiful ruin and still pretty uncommercialized.

Archived