Xunantunich Mayan Ruins

Amazon77

Hello, I will be taking my first cruise in 18 days on Carnival Valor and am trying to decide on excursions. I am very interested in Xunantunich in Belize, but am wondering if anyone has done this outside of booking with the cruise line. We are on a budget, and just paying for the cruise and flight alone is taxing :( so don't want to further this with expensive excursions. But at the same time, want to see as much as we can. Carnival wants $86 per person for this one. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

First time cruiser!

quote.gif

I'm not that sure that a private excursion will be that much cheaper and given the history of frequent travel delays on both ship excursions and private excursions in Belize, you may not want to take the risk of missing the ship. It took us nearly the entire time we were in port to do this excusion on Carnival. We were on the first tender over and barely caught the last tender back. Traffic delays both out of and into Belize City were the biggest hold ups. You may want to try for the shorter Altun Ha excursions. Just look at the reviews and threads on these boards. It's a great site and some like it better than Xunan.

I did this tour with Carnival las year and thought it was worth every penney of the $86.00. I would be very afraid to take this one off boat as it truly was all day maybe 45 mins in the tourist village and not much longer

We have opted to do the Altun Ha tour with belizecruiseexcursions.com instead. This is our first cruise and trying to save some money. Their tour is like Carnival and includes a tour of the city, but this tour also includes lunch for $42.50pp. I felt that this was a better way for us to go this time! Thanks for your input.

Archived