Basketball court noise level

Has anyone stayed in a Crown Loft Suite with their balcony looking over the basketball/sport deck? I've noticed on the Oasis live web cam that the basketball court is used all day and even late evenings. How is the noise level when sitting on the balcony.

• 11 months later...

I realize the post is almost a year old, but no one responded to the original post and I can't find an answer anywhere else. I'm hoping someone will notice this post (maybe the OP?) and can provide a helpful answer.

I will be staying on Deck 10, 4 decks below the basketball court area on Allure and my concern is that we'll be listening to bouncing basketballs above us whenever we go out on the balcony during the day or evening.

Has anyone experienced noise from the basketball court when on a balcony, Deck 10 or above on the starboard side, towards the stern? If so, how bad is it?

I realize the post is almost a year old, but no one responded to the original post and I can't find an answer anywhere else. I'm hoping someone will notice this post (maybe the OP?) and can provide a helpful answer.

I will be staying on Deck 10, 4 decks below the basketball court area on Allure and my concern is that we'll be listening to bouncing basketballs above us whenever we go out on the balcony during the day or evening.

Has anyone experienced noise from the basketball court when on a balcony, Deck 10 or above on the starboard side, towards the stern? If so, how bad is it?

To answer your question, you should have no issues being 4 decks below hearing bouncing basketballs. With the ship being in motion you'll have more noise from the breeze going by your balcony. If you were on Deck 14 that would be another story since the court would be right above you one deck. I would also think that someone in a loft suite on that side of the ship might also encounter some noise from the sports court.

We were at portofino for dinner and could clearly hear the basketball two decks above.

You must have very sensitive ears to be able to hear basketballs through two levels of steel decks and thick windows that are pesent in the specialty restaurants. :confused:

I'm not so worried about hearing the basketballs through levels of steel decks and thick windows, I'm worried about hearing bouncing basketballs on the balcony of my deck 10 room.

Is there anyone out there who has sailed either Oasis or Allure on the starboard side, aft, who spent time on their balcony? If so, did you ever hear basketballs bouncing?

Archived