Suite Perks on Oasis Question

So, they completely punted on the question. I will definitely follow up with them as we get closer to December, but I thought you all would find this non response interesting.

Are you annoyed by their response? Seems to me they said what they could say about a ship that's not even built yet.

Did y'all know that suite guests (Grand Suite and up) have their own SPECIAL menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner? HOT DAMN :D and woooo hoooooooooooo

Here is the menu for room service for the suites. By the way, we were able to order eggs benedict also but I think that it depends on the person taking the order.

Breakfastmenu.jpg

About the suite seating for the pools. I doubt that they move it and don't think that they should. It's not fair to tie up premium chair space for an area that is not used that much and this is coming from a suite user.

• 2 weeks later...
Because the suite seating at pools is something I am quite concerned about, I sent the following email to RCCL regarding our upcoming cruise on the Allure:

We currently have an AquaTheatre Suite reserved for the March 27, 2011 sailing of the Allure. One of the things we like most about staying in a suite is the ability to always have access to priority seating poolside. We like to watch the folks having fun at the main pools and have found that if we want the tranquility of the Solarium it is always available.

However, it is my understanding that there is no poolside priority seating available to suite guests on the Oasis and that instead the reserved chairs are above the Solarium and far away from any pools. Can you confirm for me whether this is going to be changed on the Allure? This is a very important consideration to my family and I.

Thanks in advance.

And here's their response:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx:

Thank you for your email.

Currently, the Allure of the Seas is in the process of being built and all of the wonderful amenities she will offer to our valued Suite guests have yet to be determined. As she has not been completed and we do not have a complete staff for this ship, we cannot research this issue further for you. The Allure of the Seas will begin sailing in December of 2010. We recommend checking back around this time to ensure you are being provided with the most accurate and up-to-date information. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXX, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Melissa Ponce

Customer Service Representative

So, they completely punted on the question. I will definitely follow up with them as we get closer to December, but I thought you all would find this non response interesting.

The response that you have recieved from RCI is of great concern. Our group has booked 3 aqua theater suites. Our three families are spending over $36 grand to have these perks! One suite is a new family to cruising..................that we had to beg to book the cruise as they would rather be at the Ritz! Our daughters are best friends and we talked them into coming along based on the suite perks! Could you please send me the email address of MS. Melissa Ponce so that I may send her an email as well. I am in complete agreement with you as our family enjoy being around the action...........not in the solarium!

Kind regards, Swimmomstilllllll.........needs break! :o

Could you please send me the email address of MS. Melissa Ponce so that I may send her an email as well. I am in complete agreement with you as our family enjoy being around the action...........not in the solarium!

Kind regards, Swimmomstilllllll.........needs break! :o

I would be happy to send it to you but she did not give me her email address. The email I received came from web_reservations@rccl.com which I believe is just their general email address.

When I sent the original question, I just used the Crown and Anchor "Contact Crown and Anchor" link from their website.

• 3 months later...
Because the suite seating at pools is something I am quite concerned about, I sent the following email to RCCL regarding our upcoming cruise on the Allure:

We currently have an AquaTheatre Suite reserved for the March 27, 2011 sailing of the Allure. One of the things we like most about staying in a suite is the ability to always have access to priority seating poolside. We like to watch the folks having fun at the main pools and have found that if we want the tranquility of the Solarium it is always available.

However, it is my understanding that there is no poolside priority seating available to suite guests on the Oasis and that instead the reserved chairs are above the Solarium and far away from any pools. Can you confirm for me whether this is going to be changed on the Allure? This is a very important consideration to my family and I.

Thanks in advance.

And here's their response:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx:

Thank you for your email.

Currently, the Allure of the Seas is in the process of being built and all of the wonderful amenities she will offer to our valued Suite guests have yet to be determined. As she has not been completed and we do not have a complete staff for this ship, we cannot research this issue further for you. The Allure of the Seas will begin sailing in December of 2010. We recommend checking back around this time to ensure you are being provided with the most accurate and up-to-date information. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXX, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Melissa Ponce

Customer Service Representative

Very interested in what you find out about the reserved pool seating. We are booked in an Aqua Suite on April 3rd and we do not want lounge chairs in the solarium. From what I am reading on all these boards, I am questioning my suite decision. We have always stayed in a Grand Suite. Any info you get will be appreciated.

Thanks, Kimberly

The reserved seating is above the pool and not out of the way. All you have to do is go down the steps and you are at the pool. Not a big deal. We loved the reserved area. It had oversized lounge chairs that were padded with a soft cover and it's own bar. There was music playing all the time. There were also several cushioned table areas that you could sit at. If you wanted to watch a contest at the pool just walk to the edge . You could stand or they had bar height table and chairs.

We also didn't have any problems with getting in any shows. We had made all reservations before we left but decided one night that we wanted to go see the comedy show again. We ask the concerige and they put the sticker on our sea pass. No problem getting in. There were empty seats both nights.

And I'm sorry but I disagree about the reserved seating. If I pay the difference in a reg balcony and a grand suite then I want all the perks that go with that. I have sailed in cheaper cabins and I fully understand that reserved seating and others perks wasn't included in my fare and I didn't have a problem with it.

Archived