Restaurant Recommendation near Kona / Waikoloa Beach for 50th anniversary

Rick2594

Next month my family is spending a week on the Big Island after sailing on the POA the prior week. We have rented a condo in the Waikoloa Beach area for the week. There will be six of us going including my wife and I, our daughter and husband, and my in-laws who will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. We've been planning this for a long time and have a number of excursions planned from helicopter rides to snorkeling to going to the top of Mauna Kea.

The entire trip is a celebration of my in-laws anniversary and I'd like to take them to a nice restaurant while we're on the Big Island. Not looking for anything real fancy but would love to find a nice place on the water, and would appreciate any suggestions. Also, any other ideas as to how to celebrate their anniversary would be great. Thanks.

If you are into very, very good gourmet, you might consider the Four Seasons resort. But bring your wallet. We dined there a few years back with my sibs and their spouses, and the final tally was somewhere north of $900 for a group of six.

If you're looking for something more reasonably priced, but with great food, service, and on the ocean, I don't believe you can go wrong with Huggo's on Alii Drive in Kailua. Right on the ocean (and I do mean Right On as the restaurant is partially built on pillars extending over the lava. Fun to have pu-pu's (appetizers) before dinner, next door at Huggo's on the Rocks.

The Kona Inn Restaurant is also a good choice. Also located in Kailua off of Alii Drive, you are separated there from the ocean by a strip of grass. Also much quieter than Huggo's as you won't hear so much of the crashing surf.

We celebrated our 25th with friends at the Kona Inn, but make it a point to eat at Huggo's whenever we visit the Big Island.

Hope this helps...

Archived