Oceanview or inside??

I've been wondering the same thing about an IS and OV so I was glad to find this thread.

I need to book 2 cabins. If there are 4 people in a cabin, is it better to book an OV (220 sq ft) or a balcony (185 sq ft)? Does the extra 35 sq ft really make a difference?

So not bigger but we will get to look at the water.

Okay here is the deal we have a 4F. I just saw a 6B become available...with sofa and upper since there are 4 of us ( 2 adults and 2 kids). Sould I go for the Oceanview on the riviera or stay with the inside on the Empress? There will be no cost difference since I didn't book ES....only the FREE up grade. Looking for opinions on this only not booking balcony and other things. Thanks in advance!;)

We have done both, and I will say an OV is much better. Be aware of the location though. We had one once that I swear was directly over the engine room. It kept my wife up one night, oddly enough the sound put me to sleep. Go figure. Enjoy!

Okay here is the deal we have a 4F. I just saw a 6B become available...with sofa and upper since there are 4 of us ( 2 adults and 2 kids). Sould I go for the Oceanview on the riviera or stay with the inside on the Empress? There will be no cost difference since I didn't book ES....only the FREE up grade. Looking for opinions on this only not booking balcony and other things. Thanks in advance!;)

Stayed in an OV once. It was really bad. Stayed in an interior once also. It was horrid. So I'd take bad over horrid.

Other opinions vary.

I also agree with most of the folks here. Go for the OV. Especially since there is no differnce in cost. I had OV on the Riviera deck on Liberty last year, and the room was quiet and no noticeable motion. Just one deck down to debark on port days is also nice. I dont mind inside rooms, but for the same price I would take an OV on either main or riviera deck. Either way, have a great cruise!:)

On the Destiny, the OV's aren't any larger than the inside so the only difference is a window and lower deck. I personally don't care about a window and I like dark cabins. If I don't have a balcony, I'd rather have an inside. My DH prefers at least a window. We've had insides, OV's & balcony and they are all fine as long as I'm on the ship. I prefer higher deck but on the Destiny, most of the action is on decks 3, 4 & 5 (except lido deck 9) so your 6B would be fine. There are cabins above you on main deck so nothing no noisy clubs or anything to disturb you. Go for the window but I think you will be happy either way.

Archived