St Thomas Beach Recommendation?

tjamiga

BF and I are travelling in 3wks on Celebrity Millenium. We've been to St Thomas before, but are looking for another beach besides Megans Bay. Any recommendations? We don't like to be around the large cruise ship crowds when we are at the beach. Let us know. Any recommendations for Nassau besides Paradise Island?

BF and I did a day sail from St. Thomas over to St. John. It was AMAZING...easily the best day of our cruise. We used Jester (sailJester.com) and the capitain was really cool and mixes and awesome drink.

He sails you over to St. John, drops you off on a beautiful beach for swimming and snorkeling, cooks lunch, and sails back in plenty of time to catch a taxi back to the ship.

Greg

We were there two weeks ago and went to Sapphire Beach. It was very nice and not too crowded. They have chairs you can rent for $5, bathrooms, and bar, etc. because there's a hotel there. Snorkeling was OK, if you swim out far enough because much of the coral is dead in close to the beach.

Taxi was $8 per person one way.

After getting a tip from one of the other Crusie Critic Hosts, I tried a place called Secret Harbour, it is a very nice all suites resort where you can go for the day and enjoy the beach. There was a fee for the chairs and maybe acccess as well, but it was worth it. Very quiet, tranquil beach setting that is uncrowded.

There is a bar and restaurant there as well should you get thirsty or hungry, here is a link to their site where you can even take a virtual tour.

http://secretharbourvi.com/

Hope this helps...

Th ebeach I like is Secret Harbour out near Red Hook. There's a nice bar and restaurant there and if you're eating and drinking they let you use the lounges and umbrellas. I stayed there for a week last year leaving a cruise a day early and loved it. It's about a $10-15 cab ride ach way. The beach has an underwater trail and a gteat dive shop to rent gear. Bar is called Blue Moon but not related to the Rehoboth one. If you rent a car its easy to find near the Ritz Carlton and you can stop at K Mart or Pueblo for cheap booze.

• 3 weeks later...

I second that. I've stayed there as well as dayed there and it's great. Even a snorkle trail from the beach. Good beach bar (Blue Moon) no relation to Rehoboth one but good. Not a gay place but no problem. Go by cab or rent a car aqnd you can do your duty free booze at K mart on the way. It's out towards Red Hook. Watch for signs on the right after Bolongo bay. I'd say about a mile further.

Archived