Toddlers and Dress Code

cruisincarly

We're crossing on the QM2 this summer with my son, who will be 18 months at the time. To what extent do you think the dress code applies to a toddler? We are looking forward to dressing up ourselves and want Roman to "fit" as much as possible without making him too uncomfortable. This is what I'm thinking:

For informal night, we have some nice grey slacks, a button-down and bowtie, with a nice cardigan that matches.

For elegant casual nights, we have some nice polos and some twill slacks.

He probably won't join us in Britannia for all of the formal nights, but I'm looking at a nice dark suit on e-bay for the one or two that he will join.

So what it comes down to is, will he be o.k. without a jacket for the informal and elegant casual nights, given that he's so young?

When we tried to rent a tux for our 15 year old they didn't have anything that would fit and told us that the dress code was relaxed for 'younger gentlemen'. So what you are planning for your toddler should be just fine.

We're crossing on the QM2 this summer with my son, who will be 18 months at the time. To what extent do you think the dress code applies to a toddler? We are looking forward to dressing up ourselves and want Roman to "fit" as much as possible without making him too uncomfortable. This is what I'm thinking:

For informal night, we have some nice grey slacks, a button-down and bowtie, with a nice cardigan that matches.

For elegant casual nights, we have some nice polos and some twill slacks.

He probably won't join us in Britannia for all of the formal nights, but I'm looking at a nice dark suit on e-bay for the one or two that he will join.

So what it comes down to is, will he be o.k. without a jacket for the informal and elegant casual nights, given that he's so young?

Sounds like you have it well in control. he will be well attired, Possibly even better than some older gentlemen.

Hello cruisincarly-

When are you making the crossing? We are eastbound on 5/21 with our 2 yr old daughter. Just wondering if she might have company.

Best-

Patricia

Nope, sorry, we're on the Westbound July 13th.

I see you were on the QM2 last year...was that with your little girl? Any tips or thoughts about doing the crossing with a little one?

I hope you love your trip--coming up soon, eh?

We've just come off Celebrity Eclipse with our little chap (21 months) and we sail on QV in 3 weeks time. In my expereince if you make an effort everyone is pleased and makes positive comments.

On casual nights he wears trousers and a short sleeved shirt.

On informal nights I'm planning on packing a long sleeved shirt (& tie - but whether he will wear it is another matter!)

On formal nights he has black trousers, long sleeved white shirt, waistcoat and matching cravat! (He did look gorgeous even if I say so myself!)

Hope you have a great trip.

Rachael.

Archived