Home from the Dawn

We were on the Dawn April 25 sailing. I am not writing a long review just wanted to say that we had a great time overall. Bermuda is a nice place, but for us a little bit of a nuisance to get around on. I don't like waiting in all the transport lines, but that's just me. The seas were really pretty rough lots of people seasick especially on the way down. I left with expectations of a lousy wet week and we got very lucky . We had fairly decent weather while in Bermuda. Our first time on the Dawn and it was pretty much as expected a nice ship that is getting tired. All the other NCL ships I have sailed on have been newer so to us she felt old. I have to say that the entertainment was some of the best I have ever experienced on any cruise. Jose and Patty were fantastic and played everynight to standing room only. Bernie Martini was a hit and the comedian onboard was really good especially the adult only night, she had me laughing til I cried. We saw several of the shows and the singers and dancers were great. The food was nothing exceptional, but good enough. We got a little tired of the dining room choices and did a few of the speciality places. Cagneys was great, Impressions very good and the Mexican ok. We were fortunate to sit with Vik the Food and Beverage Officer one night at dinner and it was a very nice time. So interesting to hear all that goes into planning a one week cruise for so many people. On our last day there my dear hubby had a fall and we got to experience the onboard medical for the first time ever. He needed 8 stitches on his leg and the doc that sewed him up was just wonderful. Also have to commend the wonderful lady that helped us out at the beach where he fell and the police officer that helped us get him back to the ship so quickly. Bermuda is one island where the people are really great.

We were on the Dawn April 25 sailing. I am not writing a long review just wanted to say that we had a great time overall. Bermuda is a nice place, but for us a little bit of a nuisance to get around on. I don't like waiting in all the transport lines, but that's just me. The seas were really pretty rough lots of people seasick especially on the way down. I left with expectations of a lousy wet week and we got very lucky . We had fairly decent weather while in Bermuda. Our first time on the Dawn and it was pretty much as expected a nice ship that is getting tired. All the other NCL ships I have sailed on have been newer so to us she felt old. I have to say that the entertainment was some of the best I have ever experienced on any cruise. Jose and Patty were fantastic and played everynight to standing room only. Bernie Martini was a hit and the comedian onboard was really good especially the adult only night, she had me laughing til I cried. We saw several of the shows and the singers and dancers were great. The food was nothing exceptional, but good enough. We got a little tired of the dining room choices and did a few of the speciality places. Cagneys was great, Impressions very good and the Mexican ok. We were fortunate to sit with Vik the Food and Beverage Officer one night at dinner and it was a very nice time. So interesting to hear all that goes into planning a one week cruise for so many people. On our last day there my dear hubby had a fall and we got to experience the onboard medical for the first time ever. He needed 8 stitches on his leg and the doc that sewed him up was just wonderful. Also have to commend the wonderful lady that helped us out at the beach where he fell and the police officer that helped us get him back to the ship so quickly. Bermuda is one island where the people are really great.

Thanks SuperBonnie!

We will be traveling on her in November and I must say...I like the old ships....I like the new ships....I like the small ships and the large ones too. Just let me sail away and I am happy! :D

Archived