What's the earliest flight you made after a cruise?

SondraC

We are planning our 5th cruise, Carnival Valor July out of Miami. We have made pretty early flights in the past, and was curious how early do other people push it to make a flight? It looks like our best choices are to fly out of Fort Lauderdale. I already got our flight down, but can't seem to get a good choice back.

We are flying down a day early, but cannot say an extra day after the cruise.

We don't plan flights out of FLL before noon. So much depends on many things such as the disembarkation day, number of ships in port, ship clearing customs,etc. On a Sat or a crowded Sunday, the check in lines can be very long. We once had a two hour check in line at SWA (always crowded) plus a long security line.

But, last January we had a noon flight out of FLL and walked off the Norweigian Sky in Miami on a Sunday morning. We left the cabin a few minutes before 8:00AM, walked off with our luggage, got a cab and was in FLL at about 8:50AM. We actually beat the crowds at the airport. NCL would not provide transfers for any flights before 1:00 PM from FLL.

But even with that experience, I still would not book a flight earlier than noon. To me it is not worth the tension and the cost of missing a flight.

The taxi was about $90 ...

Archived