Paradise Beach questions

kidfanz

Our family of 6 (4 kids 16, 13, 12 and 10) will be in Cozumel from the NCL Sea Monday 4/4/05. I am thinking we will take a cab first to Dzul Ha to snorkle and another to PB, or woud it be better to do that in reverse? I want to avoid the biggest crowds at each. I think there will be 5 ships in that day including ours. Would that be a really crowded day at either stop? I have read that at times the water trampoline and ice burg are not always available due to weather/rough seas. Is there any way I can find out in advance if they will be avail. on the day we will be there? Is there a phone number to call and check that day, or info the ship would have? My kids would rather snorkle all day unless they knew the toys will be out at PB.

Well, looks like you're the last ship to come in that day, so I would suggest going to Dzul-Ha 1st, then get to PB after 1:30 when some of the morning guests start to leave. 5 ships isn´t that many for Cozumel, you shouldn´t find crowds at either location.

We pull our iceberg and trampoline out of the water to avoid the damage that high winds could inflict. This usually occurs during the Norte (Northers, cold fronts) season from Nov-March. Shouldn't be any around by April.

When you get off the ship, face north-northwest. If your baseball cap blows off into the sea, chances are we've pulled in the ´berg! 'Course if it's that strong, snorkeling prolly won't be too fun either...mini-golf time!

A sure bet is if the ship has cancelled all snorkeling and diving excursions because of the weather. This means high winds and rough seas and certainly no tramp or 'berg!

When you get off the ship, face north-northwest. If your baseball cap blows off into the sea, chances are we've pulled in the ´berg!

Still grinning, that is the most direct and useful answer I have seen on the boards in a few weeks. You got it wired up right Tom.

Many thanks to all who posted recommendations for Paradise Beach. We just returned from a cruise on the Inspiration and visited the beach on Thursday. It was great! We got there fairly early (actually before they were officially open, I think) and spent about 5 hours. It really didn't get crowded until about 1pm or so. The kids (6 and 4) loved it. The waves were very calm so they weren't afraid to be in the water and the food was really good. I'd highly recommend the fish tacos and the guacamole. Again, many thanks - this was one of the best parts of the vacation.

Archived