Private Tours with longer beach day?

ChaylaT

Hi,

We will be on the Dream in July and want to take the kids to the beach for the day. Carnival's excursions only hang out at Megan's for two hours and we are in port from 10-8PM! I would like to hang out longer. I am afraid with 6 ships in port that day we won't be able to get a taxi by ourselves.

Is there a reputable tour company I can book? Maybe get a few sights in and then at least 3 hours at a beach?

Thanks!!!

Hi,

We will be on the Dream in July and want to take the kids to the beach for the day. Carnival's excursions only hang out at Megan's for two hours and we are in port from 10-8PM! I would like to hang out longer. I am afraid with 6 ships in port that day we won't be able to get a taxi by ourselves.

Is there a reputable tour company I can book? Maybe get a few sights in and then at least 3 hours at a beach?

Thanks!!!

You can take a taxi. It is not difficult at all. They are waiting for you when you get off the ship, and waiting for you at the beach. When I went last summer it was a $4 entry fee to the beach. It is much cheaper to do it on you own. Then you can stay as long as you like.

Get out of my head! You read my mind ;)

All the organized tours seem to only have a few hours of beach time. We're not really interested in shopping, at least not with an official, alloted bracket of time for it. If we happen to have some extra time before having to reboard we'll duck into a T-shirt shop near the ship, but we want to hang at a beach all day and not much more. None of the tours seem to have a beach-only day. Never thought about finding our own transport. My only concern is cabs will probably be in abundance right outside the ship upon arrival, but are they really so plentiful on the return route?

I found a tour that does 3 beaches in one day and a scenic tour. At the end of the tour, which is about 6 hours, you have a choice of going back to the ship of getting dropped off to shop a little bit. I will post a link below. Let me know what you guys think. I am thinking of booking this tour myself for me and my husband but have not heard any reviews yet. Hope this helps:)

http://www.stthomasexcursions.com/tours/listing-3-beach-snorkel-tour%2C-coral-world-and-island-adventure-7.html

Archived