Valor Review 5/9/10 - 5/16/10

deeolasingh

Day 1 Miami

This was my second Valor cruise with a year.. I had a great time both times...

We were on the Riviera deck and it was great!! We got to the port at about 1:45 and were on the the on the ship by 2:20. We all had backpacks so we checked to see if our cabin was ready and it was so we dropped of the bags and straight to the lido for some lunch jumped in line at the mongolian grill for a great bowl of lo mien yummy..

Before we knew it was time for the safety drill and to my suprise we didnt have to carry along the life vest.. (his was the first of some things that were different on this cruise I had just cruise the Valor in Aug 09.. )

The drill moved along quickly then off the sail away party on the lido which was the best sail away party I had been to...Then off to the cabin for a shower and change of clothes then off to camp carnival orientation..

We had late seating dinner at the Lincoln dining room and our head waiter was Jongdee be we called her Dee and William which we called him smiley cause the man had a contagious smile they were the BEST!! by the second nite they knew all eight of our names... After dinner we went up on lido deck for a little while and turned in early it was a long day...

Day 2 Sea Day and elegant nite ( I think it was )

On this day we hung out by the pool and watch the pool side games played the bean bag game with Lawrence who was one of the people in charge of entertainment he was great at his job.. we wanted to attend the captains party but lost track of time so we missed it.. Dinner was really good. We didnt do much of anything tonite we did catch the show cant remember what show was on but we did watch all the shows both theater style and comedy..then off to bed to rest up for our first stop..Grd Cayman

Day 3 Grd Cayman

Here we did the beach first we went to Sea Grape beach on the 7 mile beach stretch it was wonderful once again the the girl Maria that works on the beach remembered us from when we there in Aug... we hung out at the beach till about 2 pm then took a cab to the sea turtle farm the kiddes wanted to go.. Glad we went it was very interesting.. then off to the ship went and grabbeds a quick bite the time to get ready for the past guest party... I was cute and the drinks were good... and the keep them coming there were alot of people there.. The maitre'd said that there 47% past guest on this cruise we sailed at about 96 % of capacity at least that what someone had mentioned in the jewelry shop... this was the first nite that we went out to the dance club and it was a little dead so we turned in to rest up for Roatan...

Day 4 Roatan

I love this place we visited the new port Mahogony Bay it was beautiful! Carnival did a great job at building this little village... If you like fried fish this is the place to get it at the end of the beach area they have a food hut that sells fried red snapper that is awesome.. One of the carnival employee's told me about it thanks Alice. We didn't leave carnivals little village but last time I was there we docked at the other port so we did take a quick island tour before ending up at Tabbyanna beach by Bananarama I thought that beach to much nicer than the beach a

t Mahogony Bay..but none the less we had a great time there!!

Day 5 Belize

We did the Altun Ha ruin and rain forest tour via bus... Had done this last time too but for some reason the tour guide that we had made it totally different he was awesome can't remember his name it started with a M..anywho he really took his time explaining the ruins and the trees with various uses..it was a learning experience for sure...standing there looking up or down on the ruins left me in awe.. The seas were rough that day there must have been a storm near by... we didnt get any rain that I saw or felt on this cruise. They had a blue diamond sail in the shops today and my DH bought me a beautiful blue diamond ring:D

Day 6 Cozumel

What a beautiful port of call...we did the beach again we went on over to Playa Mia Beach Club paid $52 dollars and had all the drinks and buffet food we wanted... didnt eat to much as the food was out in the open but I did have many daquiris coladas and rum punch.. the pool was nice the beach was ROCKY and I swear I didnt remember it being rocky at all in Aug it was bad but the scenery was beautiful...Had a nice day that day..

They had a deck party that started at 11pm and it was awesome!! after the party the had a $2.00 off drink special..we partied till about 3Am since the next day was a sea day so we would be able to sleep in a bit!!! boy was I in for a bad case of the stomach bug... Im not sure where I picked up either in Mexico or on the ship but it was the first ever that I got sick while on vacation... today is the first day that I actually feel like myself.. I had to visit doctors office and she has me on some stuff.. anyways onto day 7

Day 7 sea day

I didn't do anything today but stay in bed all day till about 6:30 but my DH and DS & DD did the galley tour with maitr'd Wilson they said it was cool... I did make dinner that evening just to say my goodbyes to our fabulous waiters.. I mentioned to Dee that I had gotten sick and she said that there were not many reports of the stomach bug going around but I dont know..was still out of so went to the free cruise raffle then off to bed..

Day 8 Debarkation

Homland security computer system was down so they were doing things manually on laptops so it took forever to get off we probably got off around 12 noon then a quick cab ride to the MIA we had a 2:45 flight to JFK on Delta in which they over sold the seats and were offering 400.00 credit on future travel dinner on them and a hotel stay with first class seating on a 8am flight the next morning had I been feeling better I would had definitly done it..

Overall it was a great cruise the severice was top notch the food was better than good the entertainment was on point the weather was great I could not have asked for a better cruise. Camp carnival was awesome at least thats what what my saying.. My daughter did visit circle C once she said it was Ok but that everyone there had known each other meaning they were cruising together so she hung out with us most of the time..

I cant wait till my next carnival cruise!!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I did enjoy my cruise on the Valor in 2007. I did the tour to Playa Mia through Carnival on my most recent cruise on the Liberty. I really enjoyed it. The beach was ok, and I did notice some large rocks in the sand in the swimming area, but for the most part enjoyed everything at Playa Mia, beach, swimming, chairs, "drinks" :D, and the food was not bad. We enjoyed our buffet lunch and did not get sick, but Im sure everyone reacts differently. Having read these boards though so many times, I am thinking next visit to Cozumel, I will check out Nachi Cocum. Thanks again for posting your review.:)

your welcome

The I was in station D was on deck three infront of the life boats and yes it was very hot but it was over quickly.. Have fun Crusincoach

and I too when I visit cozumel again will try a different beach resort I wanted to go to Chankanab but I didnt like the way the beach looked maybe next I will got Mr Sanchos

Archived