Is there time to squeeze in a dive in Nassau before Athol Island?

beepee

Cruising on NCL Sky in June, with a Saturday 8AM-5PM port stop at Nassau. I scuba dive but my wife doesn't, though she likes snorkeling. I have booked us on NCL's Athol Island snorkeling excursion from 2PM to 4:30PM -- but will I have time in the morning to do a dive or two? Wife doesn't mind if I sneak off to squeeze in a little scuba in the morning as long as I make it back for the Athol Island shore excursion.

So, anyone got recommendations for a Nassau scuba charter where I can join a group for a one or two tank dive on a Saturday morning? Any dive is good with me: reef, wreck, or shark, and of course I'll need gear. Ideally I'd like to be back on the Sky for lunch.

Also, how's snorkeling at Athol Island?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to answer my own question, I emailed Stuart Cove and Paradise Dive Charters for possible Saturday morning dives. Sadly Stuart Cove's pickup from the pier is at 7:45 AM so I can't make it to that, and all Paradise Dive Charters has lined up for the morning is Discover Scuba for beginners. The question of whether an experienced diver can enjoy the Discover dive is for another thread, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally was able to dive! Went with Bahama Divers who had dives at the Lost Blue Hole and Barracuda Shoals in the morning from 8:30AM to 12:30PM, so I was able to get two dives, see sharks, AND they dropped me off at Prince George Wharf and my ship with lots of time for lunch, and snorkeling Athol Island with wife afterward at 2PM.

Only dicey part was getting a taxi to the dive center at the Wharf. Had to bribe a guy. That's another thread.

Archived