Liberty of the Seas 10/2011 Barc/Ft Laud reposioning?

koko1

I have been checking into the 14 day Liberty's 10/2011 Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale repositioning. Looks very good. Just wondered if anyone else has already booked? If you have taken a repositioning in the past would appreciate if you woulld share your experiences.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm currently booked on this cruise. We have a very active roll call...check it out.

I'm sailing solo and am a little concerned about the Barcelona pick pockets.:eek: I plan on arriving in Barcelona 2 days pre-cruise. I've never been to Europe or sailed on a TA but am really looking forward to it. I've sailed solo 4 times and love it and have met really nice, fun people to socialize with.

Did a TA in March from Brazil to Barcelona. Loved it so much, booked another one! This time, from Barcelona to Puerto Rico. The price for each one was low, too.

I stayed one night in BCN post-cruise in early April, and will be there two nights pre-cruise in November. Actually, being alone might be more of a deterrent to a pickpocket. You're not being distracted by your companion. BCN pickpockets seem to hold Ph.D.'s in that profession.

I've been to lots of European cities where pickpockets lurk. A group of gypsy kids tried to get in my mom's purse in Koln, Germany, by pretending to try to "sell" her a scarf they draped in front of her, covering her front. I stopped that very quickly. My dad's wallet got picked from the metro in Paris by a group of pro's doing the escalator trick: guy in front "drops" his cigarette pack, and holds up my dad behind him, while the guy behind dad gets his wallet--from his FRONT pocket. Dad didn't feel a thing.

While walking around the city, leave your valuables and passport in the hotel safe. Be especially alert to anyone trying to get your attention/distract you for ANY reason (even asking you directions, while watching a street performer, someone trying to "help" you clean off something "spilled," on you, etc.) Wear your purse across your front with a hand on it, especially if anyone comes near you. The point is, be aware of your surroundings. Make eye contact with anyone who comes near you. A pickpocket will then move on to somebody else.

Did a TA in March from Brazil to Barcelona. Loved it so much, booked another one! This time, from Barcelona to Puerto Rico. The price for each one was low, too.

I stayed one night in BCN post-cruise in early April, and will be there two nights pre-cruise in November. Actually, being alone might be more of a deterrent to a pickpocket. You're not being distracted by your companion. BCN pickpockets seem to hold Ph.D.'s in that profession.

I've been to lots of European cities where pickpockets lurk. A group of gypsy kids tried to get in my mom's purse in Koln, Germany, by pretending to try to "sell" her a scarf they draped in front of her, covering her front. I stopped that very quickly. My dad's wallet got picked from the metro in Paris by a group of pro's doing the escalator trick: guy in front "drops" his cigarette pack, and holds up my dad behind him, while the guy behind dad gets his wallet--from his FRONT pocket. Dad didn't feel a thing.

While walking around the city, leave your valuables and passport in the hotel safe. Be especially alert to anyone trying to get your attention/distract you for ANY reason (even asking you directions, while watching a street performer, someone trying to "help" you clean off something "spilled," on you, etc.) Wear your purse across your front with a hand on it, especially if anyone comes near you. The point is, be aware of your surroundings. Make eye contact with anyone who comes near you. A pickpocket will then move on to somebody else.

My deterrent for pickpocketers was fortunately in the winter time. I put my "fanny pack" on underneath my clothing with a jacket worn.

Archived