VCR/DVD players?

AnotherVirginCruiser

I Don't know what ship you are on, but if you go to celebrity's website, and look up the ship information it should tell you weather it's included or not. I looked at the Mercury and thier balconies include VCR's.

Good luck and happy cruising,

Katricia

I Don't know what ship you are on, but if you go to celebrity's website, and look up the ship information it should tell you weather it's included or not. I looked at the Mercury and thier balconies include VCR's.]

Thank you Katricia, but I couldn't find that info on the Celebrity site. It just gave me a picture and the option of the virtual tour.:confused: We are on the Infinity.:)

Dear AnotherVirginCruiser,

If I remember correctly just because you have a veranda does not mean you get a VCR/DVD. I beleive that if you are in a suite these are avalable. We have been in many balcony cabins on Millinnium, Infinity, Summit & Constellation and the only one that had one was when we were in a SkySuite (upgraded). I beleive that most balcony cabins on the Century class (Century, Mercury and Galaxy) ships are considered suites.

Bob M. 16_6_13.gif

AnotherVirginCruiser,

So far, I've been able to get a VCR or DVD player on all ships I've been on, at least since those machines have been invented!

Some rooms come pre-equipped with one, others do not. But the lines keep some VCRs and even more DVD players on hand and will install them for you upon request.

On the Summit in November, I wanted a VCR not to play tapes, but because their televisions onboard do not have standard RCA video and audio inputs (the red/white/yellow cables). I needed to hook up a digital camera and a CD burner device to know when I transferred digital pictures successfully. I called our steward and notified him, and within 5 minutes a ship technician/electrician showed up with a VCR and an adapter for that television. Once it was plugged in, I could use the VCR's inputs for my digital equipment.

You shouldn't have a problem onboard Celebrity getting a DVD or VCR player, even if one isn't already in the room.

AnotherVirginCruiser,

So far, I've been able to get a VCR or DVD player on all ships I've been on, at least since those machines have been invented!

Some rooms come pre-equipped with one, others do not. But the lines keep some VCRs and even more DVD players on hand and will install them for you upon request.

On the Summit in November, I wanted a VCR not to play tapes, but because their televisions onboard do not have standard RCA video and audio inputs (the red/white/yellow cables). I needed to hook up a digital camera and a CD burner device to know when I transferred digital pictures successfully. I called our steward and notified him, and within 5 minutes a ship technician/electrician showed up with a VCR and an adapter for that television. Once it was plugged in, I could use the VCR's inputs for my digital equipment.

You shouldn't have a problem onboard Celebrity getting a DVD or VCR player, even if one isn't already in the room.

Thanks for the great response- just what I wanted to hear. :D

Archived