Hawaii to Australia Rhapsody Sep 29, 2010

RobertoWard

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Dale,

sorry cannot help with the glbt enquiry but we do have a meet and mingle section if you want to jump on over and join us .... you just never know what you may find over there mate..... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1067075

we have a whole bunch of us already chatting over there and anyone is welcome to introduce themselves ......

Cheers

David Karen and the 2 C's

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi still looking for anyone (GLBT) sailing on Rhapsody? For the Phapsody from Hawaii to Australia

Hi Dale,

Brian & myself will be on this voyage back to our hometown. We are with the bulk of the CC M&M RCI roll call main thread...drop in.

Hi Joey and Brian: Nice to meet you, I (Dale) will be traveling with my friend (Jerry), my partner (Richard) can't make the cruise. We are both from Houston Texas. Jerry will be flying in to Hawaii two days before the cruise and I will be coming on the same day. He will also be staying on in Sydney for 10 day, but I will have to fly right back to Houston.

We are both signed up for the M&M and I have been reading the Roll Call. We are both looking forward to this cruise.

Oh by the way Jerry is 65 and I am 67. Jerry has done 4 cruise and I have done 110 and have been on the Rhapsody of the Seas 20 times when it was in Galveston. It will be nice to sail on her again.

Looking forward to meeting you, just look for two old men with white hair and beards and that should be us.

Dale & Jerry

Hi Dale & Jerry,

Nice meeting you too, Brian is 65 and I'm 45. We won't be hard to miss either...GWM & GAM. We'll most likely attend the pre cruise party at Dukes for drinks on 28th Sept. and the sailaway party at Viking Crown lounge. We are looking forward to this cruise home and have a renew interest in cruises again.

Joey: My partner (Richard) who is staying home and working is 48, he works for a gas & oil company and can't get off long enough to take a cruise this long. The way the economy right now its not a good time to take to long of a vacation. We are taking a vacation cruise on 5 Sept out of Miami for 7 days.

By the way this cruise on the Rhapsody is not a vacation for me I will be working. My friend Jerry it is a vacation for him.

RCL will be getting my airline tickets for me and I do not normally get then until about 2 or 3 weeks before the cruise, so its hard for me to be any part of the pre-cruise events. But we both will join the group in the Viking Crown lounge for the sail away party. I hope to see you there.

I hope you all have a good time at Duke's and will look for you at the sail away party.

Dale & Jerry

Hi Dale,

110 cruises...you are not a regular cruiser, you are a bonafide sailor. I've worked on cruises as well, I was the beverage mgr for all my assigned cruise ships. I believe the first cruise ship I worked on called SuperStar Capricorn was one of the original Love Boat. Sail through many cyclones on her and also did a historic goodwill voyage reuniting both South & North Korea. We'll swap more mariner tales on Rhapsody. What is your duties on her?

Hi dale,

Re: my queries, if you do not mind I would like to guess? You're doing single voyage...I don't think you are with the hotel operation, you could be on the inspection, safety or gaming department ;)? I'm sure we will find out during sailaway when you come with your uniform.

yes you will find out at the sail away party, just by looking I will be in my work outfit. I am not part of the crew I am more of a contract worker. I am the ships Chaplain. So look for me at the sail away party I will be dressed in all black.

Dale

yes you will find out at the sail away party, just by looking I will be in my work outfit. I am not part of the crew I am more of a contract worker. I am the ships Chaplain. So look for me at the sail away party I will be dressed in all black.

Dale

Thank you for your honesty, I actually did figure it out Father Dale, just after posting the question re: your duties. I thought I've imposed on you by putting you on the spot to reveal your position on board. We will look out for you at the sailaway at VL. Jerry is most welcome to drop in at Dukes for the pre cruise get together at Dukes...after 8pm for drinks.

if we are we will have a very small FOD party LOL. But I have never been on a cruise were there not a large number FOD. We will have to put up a posting for a FOD get together soon after we set sail.

If my flight gets me in early enough I will try to stop by Dukes for a drink with everyone.

Dale

if we are we will have a very small FOD party LOL. But I have never been on a cruise were there not a large number FOD. We will have to put up a posting for a FOD get together soon after we set sail.

If my flight gets me in early enough I will try to stop by Dukes for a drink with everyone.

Dale

Hi Dale,

Please check your arrival schedule as Dukes is on the 28th Sept. We sail on the 29th. I've read previous posting re: FOD on RCI and apparently we've to check the common bulletin board which I've intention to. Looks like we will require your assistance to set one up, sounds like a plan :).

I do not get my flight info normally until about two weeks before the sailing. But if I get in on the 28th I will be there. if not see you on the 29th.

Your right there is a common bulletin board with cards you can fill out. We will have to set a date for the FOD and post it as asp. Will be happy to help with that.

Starting Sat. I will be on the Liberty of the Seas out of Miami with my partner for a weeks vacation, that is if the Hurricane's do not stop the sailing. Chat more when I get back.

Dale

Hi Dale,

Dukes Canoe Club is located at Outrigger Waikiki on Kalakaua Ave. and it's next to the Royal Hawaiian Centre. Dinner is at 7pm and customary Mai Tai with the little parasol :) is at 8pm. I think many from the M&M will be tackling the Hula Pie as well :D. Bon voyage on Liberty and wishing you & Richard a safe holiday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all: I got my airline flights yesterday, looks like I will be flying in Hawaii on the 29th getting in at 3:30 pm. I will most likely go right to the ship. Its going to be one very long day.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the ship.

Dale

If you look for me on the first day on the ship I will be dressed in all black. Stop me and say hi.

Dale

Hello Chaplain Dale,

I don't know how else to contact you, so sorry about posting this to the bigger group, but do you know if it would be possible to do a CPE unit on a cruise line and if so how I could go about getting that set up?

Cassie

Archived