Weather was perfect last week.....

SoCal09

Just got back last week and we had a great time. The sun was out everyday... day 1 (Sunday) we went to Horseshoe Bay on the bus and swam in the beautiful water, then took the bus back to dockyard.... day 2 we took the ferry to Hamilton, walked around, then took the no.1 bus to St George, walked around town, took a cab to Tobacco Bay (about $7), swam, drank beer at the bar there, and then the police chief gave us a ride back to St George! and we took the ferry back to dockyard... day 3 we took the ferry to Hamilton, and the bus to the Botanical Gardens (very nice and peaceful), then the bus to Elbow beach which was beautiful and swam and snorkled, then bussed it back to dockyard and did a little shopping (bunch of kitsch mostly). what a great trip! The Spirit was a nice ship and we had fun in Boston too!

We were drinking some cold beer at the little beach shack and we asked this man who was talking to some people if he knew if taxis would come, and he said "I'll give you a ride... but am I safe with you?" We aren't too dangerous looking to say the least, so we all laughed and then he told us he was the police chief and gave us a little tour past St Catherine's and into town.... he was a great guy.... the Bermudians are really nice people! Just say hello or good afternoon and they smile and are very friendly... We loved Bermuda and want to go back soon.... We are from L.A. so it is a fairly long trip for us, but well worth it!!

We were drinking some cold beer at the little beach shack and we asked this man who was talking to some people if he knew if taxis would come, and he said "I'll give you a ride... but am I safe with you?" We aren't too dangerous looking to say the least, so we all laughed and then he told us he was the police chief and gave us a little tour past St Catherine's and into town.... he was a great guy.... the Bermudians are really nice people! Just say hello or good afternoon and they smile and are very friendly... We loved Bermuda and want to go back soon.... We are from L.A. so it is a fairly long trip for us, but well worth it!!

Glad you had a great time. It's a short trip for us and we never tire of Bermuda.:)

Long story short. We met a fellow on a walk back to St. George from TB. I jokingly said something about a house exchange when he said WAIT while he goes into his house to get a pen and paper. YIKES....he could be "unsavory" and we're talking about trading houses? He comes out with his business card......J____ R______. Detective Sergeant, Bermuda Police Department.:D

Archived