Need help..no beach and no ruins

Mommyof1

My family and I will be on the Conquest in August. We already have a beach excursion planned for the Cayman Islands, so my DH doesn't want to go to the beach in Cozumel again. My DH and I have been to Cozumel before (we did the Jeep/Snorkel tour) and this time he said he would love to see more of the island.

It will be me, my DH and DS11. My DS wouldn't enjoy any of the ruins, so I'm not sure what else would we would like.

I was thinking of the Cozumel Highlights & Shopping offered by Carnival, but I really don't want to pay $50 for a little sightseeing.

My DH would also love to eat some authentic Mexican food. We tried Three Amigos at the pier, but it was similar to what I could find at home and kinda pricey ($18 for fajitas and $14 for a big burrito).

Any suggestions?

There is a Museum down on the main shopping strip. We have enjoyed just taking a taxi in and walking around the main plaza ara behind Las Palmas years ago it was a bit scary back there but in the last few years esp after the last hurricane hit the Island it has been cleaned up and is nice you often see police just walking around making sure it's ok. We really enjoy Poncho's Back Yard in behind Los Cinco Soles thye have a lunch plate special that is enough for two. It has 4-5 different items on it. Also whenwe were on the Ecstacy in May at the on board shopping talk you got a coupon for a plate of free appatizers. It was a plate of bite size snacks. The Beer is cold, the Margaritas wonderful and they also have soda. Best thing is their water is filtered and we've never had tummy problems from eating there. Las Palmas has good food but we found it to be a bit $$ for what you get and a lot of crew members have suggested La Choza but we haven't made it there yet. Look here http://www.islacozumel.com.mx/default.asp for some ideas. We've also talked to folks that have found a taxi driver whose english was very good and hired him for the day to drive them on a tour of the Island. Just make sure you agree on a price before going. This time around ( Dec 2010 on the Conquest Christmas Cruise ) we've booked Nachi Cocom have always heard wonderful things and decided it would be a good time to check it out. What ever you do I'm sure you'll have a FUN cruise! :)

Archived