Lactose intolerance...

Canuckdoc

Will the lactose intolerant people be ok?

In general how well does celebrity address the food intolerent? - Gluten, Lactose, MSG etc

I assume soy lattes will be an option, but how about the dessert menus and such?

Will the lactose intolerant people be ok?

In general how well does celebrity address the food intolerent? - Gluten, Lactose, MSG etc

I assume soy lattes will be an option, but how about the dessert menus and such?

From things I have read on these boards - you should have no problems. Most report that their waitstaff is very, very accomodating. Since my niece has celiacs and our daughters are lactose intolerant we have paid attention to those threads. Have also met a number of folks with sugar related issues and they always seem to have good choices (ie: both regular and sugar free creme brulee, etc).

Try doing a "search" on those issues.

We're cruising with our girls in December and will have the super-size bottle of lactaid with us ;)

Hope this helps,

Sara

We were just on the Solstice and ate in Blu - I have severe food intolerance's, gluten and casein free - in Blu, Chef Gupta became my personal chef during the cruise and because of him and the staff in Blu, I had the best cruise and thoroughly enjoyed everything he made for me. What a big difference from another cruise line where I went to bed starving - literally. You shouldn't have any problems, just make sure to call the access desk at Celebrity and put in your request and then on embarkation see the Maitre' D in your restaurant.

'

To the OP, the following is a link to Celebrity Cruises FAQ (frequently asked questions) web page with the information you are looking for:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000-mNB5bTQiqDEf6ki61Tm06S:12hdebebp?faqSubjectName=Food+and+Beverage&faqId=506&pagename=faq_answers

Archived