NCL vs Holland America to bermudas with kids

SunnyKitty

We have 2 choises pretty similar in price, for the same dates to go to Bermudas - NCL Dawn and Holland America Veendam

We will have 4 year old and 1 year old with us, and as we sailed with NCL before our oldest kid liked their kids program.

We are getting smaller room on NCL, but it has kiddie pool and nice kids program.

I wonder what HA kids entertaiment looks like and what will be better for kids?

Definitely NCL, I wouldn't take my kids on the Veendam. The Veendam is a beautiful ship, I personally loved it, but I don't think my kids would. There aren't as many kids on board and it isn't as kid friendly as the Dawn. There are so many more options for the kids on the Dawn. Look at my pages for each ship and you will see what I mean. If I was going without kids, I might choose the Veendam but with kids...the Dawn. We have done it twice with the kids and would do it again.

I don't know much about HAL but the Dawn does have a great kids pool which I think would be a big draw for kids that age. It is well themed and seperate from the main pool deck. It's one of the nicest ones I've seen. I wasnt' too impressed with my first experience with NCL's kids club earlier this month but I've heard others rave about it so mine might have been an isolated occurance. I would imagine NCL draws more kids than HAL and therefore has more activities targeting kids.

Archived