Kid Birthday ideas

jdig

Has anybody bought those "memory boxes"? Are they just cardboard? Sure is hard to tell from the website if those things are any good... for $26 it kind of looks like it could be all cardboard!!!

Anybody have any ideas for a 9-yr-old's birthday??? (boy)...???

Thanks! This is our first cruise!!!

:rolleyes:

What cruise line are you sailing, and what ship. Many cruise lines have programs for kids.

Carnival cruise lines: "Camp Carnival"

Specially trained youth counselors

Age-specific children's activities

Teen shore excursion program

Evening babysitting for a nominal fee

Carnival Conquest Carnival Destiny Carnival Glory Carnival Legend Carnival Miracle Carnival Pride Carnival Spirit Carnival Triumph Carnival Victory Celebration Ecstasy Elation Fantasy Fascination Holiday Imagination Inspiration Paradise Sensation

RCCL: Every year, more and more families are sailing with Royal Caribbean. One of the biggest reasons is our Adventure Ocean® Youth Program. The idea behind this award-winning program is to teach kids about new, interesting things, like the ports they visit, the science of sailing, even exciting new sports like gagaball. But most of all, it's about having fun. After all, it's their vacation too.

Inquire about having them be part of your son/daughters B-Day. I think it would be alot of fun for your child to enjoy his/her birthday in this manner. I'm sure the ship's kids program staff would be more than acommodating.

John

Thanks, John. It's our first cruise (did I already say that!), on Carnival Elation. I know that they have kids' programs - hadn't actually thought about asking _them_ about it (duh - now it seems so obvious!). !!!!! Thank you for pointing that out!!!

I'm just sooooo excited, not knowing quite what to expect, I think causes one's brain to go into "overlook" mode.

Thanks again!

- Judy

smile.gif

Don't worry...you and the family will have the time of your life. Consult a rep from Camp Carnival on the Elation. They have one of the best programs for families traveling with children. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Inspiration. I'm 38 and I feel that Carnival has the best party ships. Why else would they call them the "Fun Ships". Just relax, and have a great time.

John

Archived