Millenium Suite and Butler Service

To a large extent, it is what you make it. Unless you let him [or her] know what you like, need, want, etc., your butler will not know what to provide. As an example, I drink a great deal of water in our suite to I ask either for a crate to be delivered or for the butler to ensure that there are always two large full bottles available. I eat a great deal of fruit [one meal a day] and so I discuss which fruits I prefer and how much I need so that it is always available. If you do not want your afternoon naps disturbed by afternoon tea on canapes, or parhaps you want them left even if you are not around when he calls, let him know. So talk to your butler on day 1.

If you are entertaining in your suite. Let your butler know the details and he will make sure that you have nibbles, enough glasses and anything else you may need.

Your butler is there for any problems that may arise. e.g. when I needed a screwdriver to fix a suitcase or you have forgotten to book an excursion.

Wake up call to say your early morning tea is nice. Breakfast in your suite is nice. The list goes on.

What do YOU want from your cruise?

Sue

thank you Sue. I want a relaxing experience, and your reply is VERY helpful

We sailed with Rao as our Butler on Millie last Sept. to Alaska. We actually met him in Feb. on a cruise to New Zealand when a friend had him as their butler in the PS. But this was our first time to have that level of service. It took a day or so to get comfortable with letting someone do things that we would normally take care of ourselves (make reservations, book excursions, set up for a cocktail party in the suite, help with laundry and packing) but once we got the hang of it we enoyed the extra attention. Think about past cruises and things that were a hassle, your butler can put it right with a phone call. Have a great time. If you are lucky enough to get Rao please say hello from Dan & Carole.

Archived