Enchantment Promenade Deck - full circle?

Can anyone verify if Deck 5 on the Enchantment is a "full circle" promenade deck?

We were on the Grandeur out of Baltimore last November, and our favorite deck by far was Deck 5 - the teak promenade deck. On the Grandeur, it goes all the way around and we just loved walking slowly around that quiet deck, sitting there in the afternoon, watching the flying fish, watching the wake and sunset off the back... :)

RCCI is now sailing the Enchantment out of Baltimore, and I know it's the same class as the Grandeur. From the deck plans on both ships, it appears to be blocked in the back. I know the Grandeur was open all around, though. Is the Enchantment, too?

Also, it seems to me that those sorts of teak promenade decks have fallen out of favor and the new ships don't have them at all, right? :( Does anyone know if there exists a list of which ships DO have them?

Thanks for any help!

Oh bummer! Thanks for the reply. :)

The Grandeur had the front roped off at certain times (like when we were coming into or leaving port or they were doing other work up there) but for the most part, you could walk all the way around.

And the deck plans look like they are open in the front no problem; it was the back I was worried about, LOL. I'll trust the people who have been there, though. Thanks again!

THe deck does go all the way around but it was closed off in May. Looked like they had maint. supplies up there so it was roped off. I thought this was just temporary as we were fresh out of drydock. But as the other poster said must be the norm for this ship. But a way around this just cut through the forward lobby area and back around and around.

• 8 months later...
Can anyone verify if Deck 5 on the Enchantment is a "full circle" promenade deck?

We just returned from a 12 day cruise on "Enchantment) and were disenchanted to find out that the bow area of the promenade was always blocked and the stern was frequently blocked.

In the captains's presentation, someone asked him about it (several people were disgusted that they could't do the full circuit) -- he blew them off by saying they should be on the track topsides for walking.

The captain needs to get out more -- the promenade is closer to the water, and more protected from the wind and sun for people who like to stroll. The track was often blocked with chairs when I used it.

One of our favorite areas is basically screwed up on this ship.:mad:

(The nauseating sewage smell on decks 3 & 4 is another unhappy story):mad:.

Look elsewhere.

Archived