Don't want to lose my clothes??????

KROBI

Going to Belize in Dec.

We want to do the "cave tubing." What happens to your clothes, shoes, camera, etc. when you get on the tube? Would you wear a shirt on the ride?? Any hints? Curious in Ky. Sherry

Yes, I have been in November, December, and February. The water only feels cold at first.

If you hear people yelling something that sounds like "What's Up?" they are really saying "Butts Up!" That means lift yourself up into the tube to prevent hitting some of the rocks. If you don't then you may lose your clothes. :D

We just went last Wednesday and we left all of our things on the bus. One of the staff stayed with the bus the whole time and nobody had anything missing.

We did not book through Carnival though. Some of our friends from the cruise did book through Carnival, though, and had no problems with their things either. I'm sure that your belongings will be fine.

We're booked through cave-tubing.com. From what I understand, there is about a 20-30 minute walk from the bus to the river. Is that right? If so, what happens to your shoes once at the river? Or are you expected to walk in water shoes or shoes you can get wet?

We're booked through cave-tubing.com. From what I understand, there is about a 20-30 minute walk from the bus to the river. Is that right? If so, what happens to your shoes once at the river? Or are you expected to walk in water shoes or shoes you can get wet?

We did it with a Carnival excursion; changed into water shoes or some people wore old runners and we left our other shoes in a locker with an extra change of clothing. One of our guides put all our keys around his neck. The path was quite muddy in the beginning for us from a rain, then you cross the river and hike on a rocky trail to the access point of the ride while carrying your tube also. You do need to wear shoes on the river because there are branches and sharp limestone rock walls in some areas. DH still has a scar on his upper arm where a rock got him 3 years ago.

Re: the "Butts Up" saying. All the adult tubes are the same size, and because I'm under 5'3 and short waisted, I couldn't get my Butt up as high as others and I got hung up on a rock in the darkest part of the cave. Seemed like forever before I finally bounced my butt into a deeper part.

Re: extra clothes over bathing suit. When we went the guides thought that we would feel warmer without the extra layer of wet t-shirts or shorts.

Yes and yes. Here's a good piece of advice. Wear thick soled, rubber sandals with a strap on the back. If you wear flip flops, there is a good chance you will lose them. If you wear the thin soled water shoes, you will be uncomfortable on the Hike. It is mostly on gravel and uneven surfaces. Those cheap, thin-soled water shoes would not be comfortable.. Wear thick soled, rubber sandals with a STRAP ON THE BACK, or bring and extra pair of old sneaks that you don't mind getting wet.

Archived