Uniworld River Beatrice- Question on Laundry Service

Rbel4

We are going on the River Beatrice in a few weeks and have a suite reserved. We understand the suites include laundry service. Does anyone know if this service also includes dry cleaning on board for clothes that can not be laundered? Also, does Uniworld press or iron clothes once they are laundered.... or do we need to pack only wrinke free?

Any info would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Hello all,

I know the original posts are older, but thought I would give this a try, hoping for a response.

We are heading out this Friday and looking forward to our Danube Christmas Market River Cruise.

We are questioning the laundry situation. We are in a Cat. 2 stateroom. We think there may be a very limited laundry on the ship. Can Uniworld provide this service for us? Either laundry or dry cleaning?

This information would be most helpful. Thank you.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.:)

Hello all,

I know the original posts are older, but thought I would give this a try, hoping for a response.

We are heading out this Friday and looking forward to our Danube Christmas Market River Cruise.

We are questioning the laundry situation. We are in a Cat. 2 stateroom. We think there may be a very limited laundry on the ship. Can Uniworld provide this service for us? Either laundry or dry cleaning?

This information would be most helpful. Thank you.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.:)

We used the laundry service when we were on the River Queen 2 years ago. Although the River Queen does have laundry facilities, we were able to access the complementary laundry service as we were past passengers. It was really nice to send my laundry out to be done - don't have that perk at home!!! :D

We found the laundry was returned promptly - and nicely folded.

We often do "bits and bobs" when we travel... have learned to wash and hang in our room along the way - if laundry isn't available. I won't pay for laundry service if there isn't a laundry room (or complementary service!!)

Fran

P.S. Sorry, can't help with dry cleaning... only bring washable when we travel...

Thanks Fran. I appreciate your comments. We do not dry clean either, but our friends do. I was trying to help them out.

This is our first river cruise and we are looking forward to returning to the holidays markets this year. We think we made the right choice.

Happy Holidays

Susan:D

I don't think they offered dry cleaning as part of the suite service on the River Beatrice. I don't even think they offered dry cleaning. We did use the laundry service and things came back pressed. I'll look through my packet of things I brought home with us to see if I can find this information.

The laundry room isn't very big. I went down there one morning to press a jacket. I remember there being washer/dryers along the one wall, but I don't recall how many. Not many ... but then there aren't that many passengers on the ship.

We loved having fresh fruit delivered each day to our cabin.

Have fun on your cruise! We had a lovely time on ours. :)

Thank you Twinkletoes4445. Our friends who are traveling with us were wondering about the dry cleaning. Sounds like the laundry will not be a big problem We used the self-laundry on Azamara and had no problems.

Happy Holidays:)

Thank you Twinkletoes4445. Our friends who are traveling with us were wondering about the dry cleaning. Sounds like the laundry will not be a big problem We used the self-laundry on Azamara and had no problems.

Happy Holidays:)

It should be no problem to use the self-laundry. The day I was pressing my jacket there were loads of laundry in the machines. I think there was a chair and TV in the room if you wanted to wait, or if your laundry was about done ... there a place to sit for a minute.

I think there was a charge for the soap for the machines, but I don't know for sure. We just loved the River Beatrice and the crew. It was a totally amazing experience and one we'd do a couple of times a year if it weren't for the long flights.

If you need anything, Tania, the Purser (she's from Portugal) will take care of all your needs. She is a peach. She arranged four private tours for us. In fact, everyone, including the captain, was just so nice and friendly. The food and service was wonderful. The beds were so comfortable. It really was a perfect vacation. It was money well spent and I can't say that about many things we do these days.

I'd love to do a Christmas Market! Enjoy!

Thanks much for the additional information. We love the Christmas Markets and happy to be going back. Have cruised several times in the past, but never a river cruise. I think we picked a winner!!

Sorry you are not joining us.

Susan:)

Thanks much for the additional information. We love the Christmas Markets and happy to be going back. Have cruised several times in the past, but never a river cruise. I think we picked a winner!!

Sorry you are not joining us.

Susan:)

You have picked a winner! I so wish we were on your cruise!

Archived