Cayman Dive Operators

Tiki_Man

Has anyone ever used either Divers Down or Blue Ocean dive shops in Grand Cayman?

Both has slots open and I am trying to pick. Looking for small group, good equipment (not taking my own this time), good DM that does not make everyone surface with 1000lbs left in tank (but I also have no desire to go to 120 ft). Don't want to do Stingray City, just a wall drift and then nice coral area (gee, not asking for much, am I?)

Neptune and Don Foster's were booked, so looking for someone new.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Tiki

My wife and I stayed on 7mi. beach for a week back in 2000 and I used Divers Down multiple times while there.They did a great job,nice operation,they would pick me up and drop me of right on the beach in front of our condo.If you get a chance,pay Cathy Church a visit,she is a world renowned underwater photographer and her pictures in her shop are to die for.Another option for a fun dive is in the 3 person submarine dive to 1,000 ft.Its is located right near where the tenders dock and if you pre reserve it, only takes about 2 hrs for the whole trip start to finish.There is a wall right off shore that drops straight down to over 1,000ft and what you get to see is amazing.You drop down to 1000 without lights,then the pilot turns them on as you begin your assent and narrates everything on the way up,very interesting.

We have been to Grand Cayman both in Feb and April of this year - both times we used Divers Down, if you're going on a cruise, their shop is a VERY short walk from the cruise terminal - we did a 2 tank dive, one deep and one shallow (<60ft) and the sites they took us to were amazing. I would most definitely use them again, both my husband and I and the two couples we were with were really pleased.

FYI- In feb we came on a cruise ship, so only dived once. In April we stayed for a week and dove every day almost with them. =)

Archived