Which restaurants are MUST EATS and which to SKIP?

stooken

Since we are going on the cruise with my vegetarian AND vegan 20-something daughters - we sure will not be doing Cagney's! Plus we have been to much better steak houses elsewhere (The Old Homestead, Smith and Wolinsky to name a few) - and we've been disappointed at Cagney's twice before. May sneak away to try Moderno - just because. But we will wait to compare it to Texas de Brazil which we love (and our daughters love it too for the salad bar). Will not do Teppanyaki - better hibachi places on land - not for $25. We will do sushi and asian - easy choices to eat as a family but I know it will not compare to NYC Chinatown. Will do La Cucina for the same reason although we cook WAY better Italian ourselves. And we will most likely do Le Bistro - did it on the Dawn and it was awesome - did it on the Sun and it was good. I am a sucker for escargot.

So - yes - LeBistro, La Cucina, Sushi, Asian. Maybe - Italian, Moderno. No - Cagney's, Teppanyaki.

Definately - all the FREE places.

HI. my husband is a vegetarian also. i only eat fish. i hear ya. no steak house for us.

you made my day; however, if we pick items off the menu, do we get charged for each item or is it just the service charge we pay. I can't remember when I was on the Dawn in 2004. Menus look so good, would love to try the Brazilian restaurant. Thank you

Not everywhere can you find a Brazilian Churrascaria, so my vote goes for Moderno. It's a great value for the money. Moderno's surcharge is a flat $18. Our Churrascaria here in DC charges a fixed price of $49.50+tax+tip for dinner! $23 I believe if you just want the salad bar. For something a little different at a VERY reasonable price, Moderno's is the place.

Not everywhere can you find a Brazilian Churrascaria, so my vote goes for Moderno. It's a great value for the money. Moderno's surcharge is a flat $18. Our Churrascaria here in DC charges a fixed price of $49.50+tax+tip for dinner! $23 I believe if you just want the salad bar. For something a little different at a VERY reasonable price, Moderno's is the place.

I'm assuming you're talking about Fogo de Chao?

I was hoping someone who had been to a churascaria before could compare the experience. The menu looks a tad thin. No alcatra, filet mingon, maminha or entrecot?

I'm assuming you're talking about Fogo de Chao?

I was hoping someone who had been to a churascaria before could compare the experience. The menu looks a tad thin. No alcatra, filet mingon, maminha or entrecot?

Fogo de Chao it is. Yes, I think Fogo offers up 15 meats as opposed to 10 at Moderno. Quite honestly the extra 5 were not missed, especially at that price.

Archived