Ft Lauderdale to Miami

We are considering a Carnival cruise that leaves from the port in Miami. My son and his family can fly Southwest to Ft Lauderdale at a considerable savings over other airlines that would fly to MIA. We looked up the road trip, and it appears that its about 35 miles from the Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami. Do any of you know whether or not transportation is available from Ft. Lauderdale to the Miami area? I hate to rent a car for that short of a trip.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks

We are considering a Carnival cruise that leaves from the port in Miami. My son and his family can fly Southwest to Ft Lauderdale at a considerable savings over other airlines that would fly to MIA. We looked up the road trip, and it appears that its about 35 miles from the Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami. Do any of you know whether or not transportation is available from Ft. Lauderdale to the Miami area? I hate to rent a car for that short of a trip.

Naaaaaaaa.... you are required to schlep your luggage with you while hitchhiking !!!;):D

Check the East Coast Departure boards for some great suggestions on reliable transportation from FLL and MIA :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=495

We did this last year. Flew into FLL night before, stayed at a Hampton Inn, had SAS pick us up and take us to POM, no problem, $15 a person each way. Shared a van with 2 other couples (there were 4 of us). Plenty of room, excellent service.

www dot ridesas dot com

Yes, there are many...IMO FLL is an easier airport to fly into and out of....and yes definitely cheaper in some cases. http:// www. ridesas. com/

Archived