The Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle

Celest1022

I've never had the pleasure of staying at the Fairmont (it used to be a Four Seasons Hotel) but keep in mind that it's the highest rated hotel (I believe 5 star/diamonds) in Seattle. The Georgian restaurant has a great reputation as well. The hotel is centrally located in downtown, with easy access to businesses, theater and shopping. I'm sure some of the rooms have views and are lovely.

My stay at the Marriott was quite nice. I like it's waterfront location on Alaska Way (right across from the Bell street dock). Pike Place market is up the hill (there's a staircase and elevator) with downtown shopping beyond. Our room was on the small side, but furnished nicely and had a great view. Other hotel ammenities include a lobby piano bar, small pool (gets crowded in the summer) and Todd English restaurant.

Either hotel would be great.

I stayed at the Olympic the night before and the night after my wedding. We had I think a junior executive suite, or an executive suite, or something like that. It's an older hotel, with antique-style furniture, very elegant. The service there is excellent, they pressed the wrap to go with my wedding gown in less than 2 hours. The Georgian Room (restaurant) is very good, very elegant. And it's in a good location, right in the heart of downtown and near the shopping district and the Fifth Avenue Theater. Most rooms don't have a very good view, though. Our room had a view of a brick wall. And it's usually very expensive, especially during cruise season. You might find that the Marriott or the Edgewater are a better value if you're sailing out of Pier 66.

Archived