Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami beach /review

BobbieSu

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Beach two nights pre cruise -- 4101 Collins Ave. The Courtyard Marriott was two buildings south. We drove in from FLL at 1:30 in the morning and loved the fact that it was a very easy hotel to find, just get off the exit for rt 195 (Julia Tuttle Causeway) from I-95 and drive straight to the beach. The hotel is on the left hand corner. It is completely valet parking. It was kind of funny--when we were getting to know our tablemates that first dinner onboard---they mentioned that they had stayed here as well and enjoyed it as much as we did.

It was wonderful to wake up the next morning and go out to the back of the hotel, cross the boardwalk and walk across a very nice beach and put my feet in ocean water. It was a great start to the trip.

We had suite room though I don't believe I booked that. The hotel was full and we were given one of the four rooms left. If you are on the right side of the building you would have a side view of the ocean from the balcony. The hotel is an older one, I would call it "funky" though that might not describe it too well. It is well kept up and very clean and nice.

They served a nice breakfast in the morning, no meat, but a great fresh cooked waffle (do it yourself), bagel, rolls, muffins, yogurt, cold cereal, fruit, juice, milk, coffee, etc. There was a large dining area which was a nice change from some FFI's I've stayed at.

My son says there was a fitness center though I didn't see it.

The staff was very helpful especially the bellhops. They had maps, recommendations for meals, information about the surrounding areas. Our table mates dined at the recommended Italian restaurant located at the Courtyard. (the name starts with a "C" but I can't remember it now). They said the food was great and gave it very high marks. They didn't dine outside due to the fairly strong breeze coming in, but that is an option on nice days/nights.

I wanted to walk out on the beach when we came back late at night and was a little leary about doing so until I went out and saw how many other people had the same idea. It seemed like there was a block party going on, people walking the boardwalk, sitting and chatting, whatever. I walked down the beach a bit and then crossed through to the road and walked back to the hotel. It seemed like a great neighborhood.

It was definitely too far to walk if you wanted South Beach. We drove down early the next morning and it was about a 20-30 minute drive to the Southpointe park.

This hotel was just what I wanted. It was on the beach, nice, friendly, easy to find and get to.

Su

Hi, we had a rental car and went to the airport. I can't imagine it would be a difficult drive to the port though... Just take 41st street back to I-95, head south and get off on SW 1st st or where ever the signs tell you to go for the port.

You could also take 41st street back to highway 1 and follow it down. That would take slightly longer due to traffic, though that is how we came on our car rental shuttle and it was a scenic route. I'd plan half an hour.

Su

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I've been researching hotels in the Miami area and have narrowed it down to this one on the beach and one at the port. I'm looking for a pre-cruise hotel, and the free breakfast and proximity to the beach has me leaning towards this one.

Thanks again.

Archived