Picking up a guide in Dubrovnik last minute?

Wow, you do wait until the last minute....... :eek:

Actually your countdown clock says 5 hrs + till you sail :p

We didnt see any guides lined up waiting for people..... in fact we didnt see much of anybody at the dock area. We were on Brilliance and docked at the new dock area (near the big suspension bridge) and it was not near anything. There was a small market area set up near the parking lot - not big tho. We bought the shuttle ticket ($8.00) and took it into town. Dropped us off right at the gate...... we walked the wall, had lunch, shopped and enjoyed the old town. Took the shuttle back. They ran regularly and were convenient. Very scenic and was a nice "chill out" day - many others were go-go-go so this was nice.

Thanks!

I figured that this would be a relaxing day, but I am trying to keep my options open. Also in deference to dubrovniklady I did not want to sell Dubrovnik short, but in reality by the end of the cruise you are tired and want to chill out. I also get the impression that Dubrovnik and Croatia delights are more subtle outside of the wall and that time is the best way to appreciate it, which is a luxury we do not have on a cruise.

I think we are going to do the walls and visit the synagogue, grab a bite and head back to the boat.

So advice on Dubrovnik ....we are going to try on our own...shuttle easy to find in port?

Appreciate anything you can share. Cruising out of Venice August 31. 1st port Dubrovnik

The shuttle was provided by Royal Caribbean. The new dock is quite a ways from town (altho I have heard some people have walked :eek: - too far for me)

We bought our tickets ($8.00 pp) on the ship, the buses pulled up right near the gangplank......they ran all day and the drop off was near the main gate to the old town area. This was also the pickup location. Very easy and convenient.

I do not know if Holland America will provide a shuttle - I would ask at the pursers desk once onboard.

So advice on Dubrovnik ....we are going to try on our own...shuttle easy to find in port?

Appreciate anything you can share. Cruising out of Venice August 31. 1st port Dubrovnik

The Niew Amsterdam will be docked at the new port which we call Gruz. It is a easy shuttle ride into the old town and your cruise line will offer this service, for a small fee. Your other option is to take a taxi which is about 10 Euror or 50 Kuna, drivers will accept Euros.

Once inside the old town, you will find a multitude of historical sights, monuments and many lovely churches. Walking the city walls will give you a view of the old town from above.

If you wish detailed information about Dubrovnik, do take the time to visit our tourist bureau. This will help answers your questions. Enjoy your limited time here.

http://www.tzdubrovnik.hr/eng/index.php

Sorry to threadjack, but are there things to do outside the city that are national park like? When we were last in Split, we went to Krka National Park and that was very nice. Anything like that around Dubrovnik?

Sorry to threadjack, but are there things to do outside the city that are national park like? When we were last in Split, we went to Krka National Park and that was very nice. Anything like that around Dubrovnik?

You can take the ferry ride to the island of Lokrum, just 15 minutes from the port in the old town. It is a national preserve and you can spend time walking around the island and seeing the sights for a couple of hours. I do not consider it a full day excursion.

http://www.tzdubrovnik.hr/eng/vodic_novost.php?id=1601&id_main=&namjena=60

Archived